Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Job Interviews

So, as I'm sure many of us have heard rumors that Sims 5 is now in development! This isn't so much speculation or rumor as much as it is a suggestion, but I just think it would be a really cool idea if in Sims 5 (or Sims 4 but realistically not likely) they added job interviews.

Instead of just automatically getting hired from the computer, I would love to be able to go to a job interview. Here is a list of what I'd want:

• After you apply for a job you would get a call
  • You could get a nervous moodlet too while you were waiting
  • Once you get the call you go in for an interview (either following your sim to the interview or seeing them leave the lot is A-OK with me)
  • Depending on your skills (charisma, logic, creativity, etc.) you have a better or worse chance of getting hired
  • Only SOME careers/jobs would be harder to get, but most would stay very easy so your sim doesn't stay jobless
  • You could have interactions in the mirror to practice your interview or do a mock interview with another sim
  • "Never got called" moodlet if you never heard back for an interview
  • "Bad interview" moodlet or something if you got an interview but still didn't get hired
  • "Hired" moodlet if you got the job
  • If you have ever been fired in a previous job that could decrease your chance of getting hired

I know that's kind of a lot for just an interview but I really just think it's the small things that make a game that much more enjoyable.

Also, if you have anything to add lemme know and maybe i'll put it on the list!