Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Rising Rookie
2 years ago

Kids and parks?

What do you guys put in parks for kids? I’m finding most of the fun stuff is for toddlers other than that big space machine and boat thing.

There’s swings, the jungle gym and.. what else? Trying to have a kids party in a park and I got nothin
    PandoraTO
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I like to make a sandbox by using sand terrain paint and adding that low fence around it that’s actually just a border that sims can walk over. I forget the name.
  • Sandbox, toy chest, doll house, and if you have Growing Together you can add the tree house, bikes and splash pad.
  • "UniqueKhaos;c-18293026" wrote:
    Sandbox, toy chest, doll house, and if you have Growing Together you can add the tree house, bikes and splash pad.

Doll house and tree house, good notes.

Petting zoo is interesting but prob won’t fit in this neighborhood

• "PandoraTO;c-18293018" wrote:
    I like to make a sandbox by using sand terrain paint and adding that low fence around it that’s actually just a border that sims can walk over. I forget the name.

I do that too. Great for toddlers. Then the normal play equipment for kids along with other active objects that kids too like, or a pool. I like building parks, and try to change them according to their location, so in Brindleton (hogs head) is a 'natural park' (still normal park lot type or no one shows up) but more like a forest than a park in how it looks. It has a pool that looks like a natural lake, in San My the park is a botanical garden with a small play area and a skating rink, in Windenburg (the pier, former pool lot), the main attraction is the ferris wheel... In each and I try to add things for all ages in each one.

A list of my parks below the spoiler cut:

Spoiler

"Lenny_Ogg;c-18293029" wrote:

oh and a petting zoo with bunnies, chicken, goats, sheep

That is a great idea! I just got cottage living, I'll have to try that! Maybe even with a horse if that is possible. Can you place the animals without any of them having any owners?

• @Lenny_Ogg I now need the horse ranch pack! I think you just pushed me over the edge here. I wonder which pack I'll add the petting zoo to? The botanical gardens perhaps? Or the natural park? Or just a completely new park? Oh I know, totter park!! It's completely useless normally being so close to the pier, but adding a petting zoo and a splash park it will feel more integrated with the pier perhaps. So many ideas!!! Thank you!
  • In one I built, I have a basketball hoop/court, a water slide, and a small game room that has the big 4 player arcade machine, the motion gaming mat, and a foosball table.
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    I wish we had a see-saw and roundabout.

I sometimes add that house tent thing (possibly from the DHD pack?), pumpkin carving, the voidcritters game machine, the toddler paddling pool that kids can relax in and the horseshoes game in addition to all the ideas above. Oh, and there's also the doctors play kits with the doll or teddy and the big stuffed animals.
  • "elanorbreton;c-18294293" wrote:
    I wish we had a see-saw and roundabout.

I sometimes add that house tent thing (possibly from the DHD pack?), pumpkin carving, the voidcritters game machine, the toddler paddling pool that kids can relax in and the horseshoes game in addition to all the ideas above. Oh, and there's also the doctors play kits with the doll or teddy and the big stuffed animals.

I would love more park like games for kids like a teeter totter! The horseshoe thing is a great idea since I never use that