Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Kids need to stop cleaning autonomously

Why do they do this? Sorry, but I've never met a child who just decided to start mopping the floor on their own. It's not realistic at all. I'm trying to make my kid get the Irresponsible trait, but he keeps trying to mop the floor. If I want the kid to mop the floor, the parents can influence and encourage the sim to do it using the system laid out in Parenthood, but they shouldn't be doing it autonomously.
  • "Movotti;c-16623004" wrote:
    irl, 4-6 year olds occasionally try to 'help' by doing chores on their own... usually very badly, and making a bigger mess.

If their dish washing resulted in broken dishes; their floor mopping in black streaks; their laundry washing in floor flooding, pink shirts and shrunken garments. Then it may add some entertainment value, and a little more realism.

This. I would find this charming. :)

There's a commercial for Clorox in the U.S. (?) right now. The mother walks to the bathroom to find her young son mopping the floor. She smiles appreciatively -- until she realizes that he's been using the toilet as the mop bucket! :D

That commercial get me every time. (Sorry if someone in the thread might have mentioned it already.) If kids "cleaned" like that, it would be amusing. Perhaps, when they got better at their responsibilities, then the child's cleaning could improve?

Just a thought.

"Evie0602;c-16622852" wrote:

I love that sims automously wash their hands. I tried the sims 3 and one of the things I hated was that my sims never washed their hands after using the bathroom.

Yes, automatically washing the hands doesn't bother me so much. Sloppy Sims shouldn't do it unless directed, though.

What has always bothered me about automatic hand washing is that Sims insist on doing it just before they're about to get into the shower or the bath. What a waste of time. I wish that the Sims were programmed so that, if a shower or bath is next in the queue, they skip the hand washing.