Forum Discussion

DoloresGrey
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

Lactose-free birthday (and wedding) cake?

Heya!

My sim is lactose-free and it's her birthday today. I want to make her a birthday cake and I want her to actually eat it (and don't poop after eating it) but I can't find one that is lactose-free. I can't find it. Is there any? Or am I just blind?

Also, does anybody know whether there will be any lactose-free wedding cake oprions in My Wedding Stories pack?

Have a nice weekend!
  • With relatives with food allergies including dairy protein, egg, all grains incl rice and corn, and common GF ingredients like potato, any cake I make is going to be free of dairy, plus a long list of other things depending on who its for. There's no way that can be represented in the game.

In game, I just pretend its free of whatever if I want to play a person with all those dietary restrictions.

Dairy free egg free cheesecake I do all the time using tofutti cream cheese and the no bake cheesecake method using gelatine as a stabilizer. Dairy free cakes, if you only need it dairy free, are super easy, just substitute vegan margarine, etc.
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    As a lactose-free, I love to bake a jewish receipt for an apple cake, the difference to the dairy version is more eggs, oil and orange juice, instead of milk and butter. There should be really more alternatives for lactose-free sims to celebrate their birthdays.
    DoloresGrey
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @Stormkeep Right. That must be under the gourmet cooking skill, right? My sims is only level 3 :/
    EmmaVane
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "DoloresGrey;d-997459" wrote:
    Heya!

My sim is lactose-free and it's her birthday today. I want to make her a birthday cake and I want her to actually eat it (and don't poop after eating it) but I can't find one that is lactose-free. I can't find it. Is there any? Or am I just blind?

Also, does anybody know whether there will be any lactose-free wedding cake oprions in My Wedding Stories pack?

Have a nice weekend!

Maybe try the new Sticky Rice Cake. It's a Chinese/Asian recipe, so might not contain milk.

And I haven't checked it, but the Wellness unlockable Carob Coconut Cake sounds like it may use coconut oil instead of butter/milk instead?
  • "83bienchen;c-18058778" wrote:
    "SimDork23;c-18058765" wrote:
    Wait, can sims age up using the cheesecake?

They can. But they can't with the rice cake.

Wow, I never knew this, LOL. I’ll have to use it for a birthday!
    DoloresGrey
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Very sad :( We need more options and for low level cooks as well.
  • "83bienchen;c-18059021" wrote:
    I just checked: The cheese cake is the only birthday cake available for lactose intolerant Sims.

I never would have thought that cheesecake is suitable for lactose intolerant sims. Fruitcake might have been a more obvious choice. They make strange decisions with this game.
  • "83bienchen;c-18059021" wrote:
    I just checked: The cheese cake is the only birthday cake available for lactose intolerant Sims.

I have never used that trait or made that cake before.

Is that like cheese cake, cheese cake? As in cream cheese cake that's not really a cake? Cause if it is, that's really odd to be lactose free since I just looked it up and it says Products made from cream — like ice cream, cream cheese, custard, or butter — should be avoided due to the high levels of lactose

83bienchen
    Seasoned Novice
    There are two versions of the New York cheese cake, one for lactose intolerant Sims and another regular one.