Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
7 years ago

Landgraab house is filled with crime scene evidence...

Not sure where to post this. Not very long ago I started playing the Landgraab house in Oasis Springs. I've found lots of strange things in that house, I assume this house has been set up as a crime scene for the Detective career? How could it, just because I did not play it, and why wasn't the house reset after that Detective had done his job? I have the GTW EP, and I might have played the Detective career only a handful times, but I have no idea whether I did not complete a case in this house, or not.

So, is the house coded in a way? I get the impression that new evidence (like gloves etc) still are spawning. They have a maid, but there are still dirt on the floor, and I had to replace several objects in the kitchen because they turned weird.

Can I fix this?
  • I've never actually been in the house but *spoiler* Nancy Landgraab is a criminal. So not sure if it's intended.
  • "MaggieMarley;c-16737685" wrote:
    Iā€™m intrigued, what evidence?

Those typical small objects that are not in the buy catalog, like a glove or a shoe on the floor... When playing the career, I think you can click them to do some action, but when playing the family there are no menu or anything.

http://www.hinsides.no/temp/ts4-glove.jpg
  • I started playing in that house recently, with Landgraab descendants. They lived there since i started this save, and I don't see any crime scene type things anywhere.... Maybe its a bug and/or didn't reset somehow.
  • If these items are meant to be there, that's some really cool attention to detail that I can appreciate :)
  • "s33man;c-16737762" wrote:
    If these items are meant to be there, that's some really cool attention to detail that I can appreciate :)

In love clutter, but there are currently 5-6 single shoes, 2-3 wigs and a couple gloves on the floor in various rooms. I'm pretty sure I deleted them some time ago. Wish I could delete the hidden objects that cause them top spawn. Guess it's time I read up on cheat codes...
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Those items are not supposed to be there. Did you try using the sledgehammer tool on them? I had the same thing in another house, where my detective had worked on a case, and those pieces of evidence were stuck there after. As far as I remember, I couldn't delete them "normally", but used the sledgehammer on them.

Evidence is supposed to be cleaned up when the detective leave the crime scene, but it doesn't always happen, apparently.
  • "Kathykins;c-16737786" wrote:
    Those items are not supposed to be there. Did you try using the sledgehammer tool on them? I had the same thing in another house, where my detective had worked on a case, and those pieces of evidence were stuck there after. As far as I remember, I couldn't delete them "normally", but used the sledgehammer on them.

Evidence is supposed to be cleaned up when the detective leave the crime scene, but it doesn't always happen, apparently.

Thanks. It helped using the sledgehammer. I actually found more of those objects, invisible until I activated the hammer. Hopefully they are all gone now. Thanks!
  • That's my boi Dylan breaking into his house to set off some more fireworks. LOL.
  • Another quick way to remove them is to save their house from another save to your library, then go back into that save, evict them, then plop down their house from the other save, and cheat them back to moving into their house again. I've learned to deal with having to cleanup evidence from my games like this all the time now.
  • I've had houses that were crime scenes in the detective career that stayed like that, normally they respawn, the only fix I know of is just to bulldoze the lot and reinstall the house, luckily, you can easily get vanilla base game lots from the gallery.