Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Laughing to Death???

Since when can your sim laugh so hard she dies LOL. I have never seen this. OK, so I have the Basement Drugs mod but she wasn't even smoking a joint! I was laughing so hard when I saw that. Has this happen to anyone else?
  • Was she in a Hysterical mood? Sims can die while in that mood if you don’t get them to a mirror in time to calm down. It’s been that way since the Base Game. They can also die from being Mortified and Enraged. They’re called Emotional Deaths.
  • I am so shocked you got away with saying smoking a joint :D :D :D

Laughter is probably the most easiest death to achieve
  • It’s very easy for my sims to die of hysteria. 4 died already. Since then I keep saving at least 2 sims by sending them to the mirror multiple times per game session.
  • Another trick is sending them to take a nap, since the sleep moodlet overrides any other mood.
  • This is also a phenomena that occurs in RL. It's rare but usually is the result of cardiac arrest or asphyxiation. I get nervous anytime one of my adult or YA Sims gets hysterical. Teens won't die from emotional deaths because teens mood swings can be off the charts, so to speak. Hormones being what they are. :open_mouth:
  • "3KNPen;c-16660393" wrote:
    Was she in a Hysterical mood? Sims can die while in that mood if you don’t get them to a mirror in time to calm down. It’s been that way since the Base Game. They can also die from being Mortified and Enraged. They’re called Emotional Deaths.

Yep she was in Hysterical Mod. LOL this was a first for me! Thank you everyone!
  • "foxx_fennec;c-16660989" wrote:
    Another trick is sending them to take a nap, since the sleep moodlet overrides any other mood.
    Sleeping didn’t help my sim. He woke up from sleeping, stood next to his bed and died. But he had giggles along with many playful moodlets, maybe that caused sudden death.

• I've never had this happen because I'm careful but I know that it can. I personally don't like it. Not a huge fan of feeling on edge once any of my sims is feeling too much of an emotion... I guess it'd be realistic for an elder sim to die of a heart attack this way, but not YAs.