Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
10 months ago

Less focus on Milestones in Simology panel?

The milestones was the main reason why I was on the fence for the Grow Together Pack - they are cool for simmers focusing on family details, but I recall how the Memory feature eventually made my TS3 game unplayable with too many background details that I did not actually care much about. Milestones seems like a milder system, and I think adult milestones might be fine - it's the ton of infant milestones that I don't fancy a lot as I hardly play the infants. I though that when not playing them their milestones panel will not get filled with "first diaper changed" memories, but no - it turns out that my not played infants actually do collect milestones when I'm playing elsewhere.

I guess I can't prevent this to happen, but what I really wish is to either make sure that the Milestones tab is always closed when entering the Simology panel - or - even better - place the Milestone tab all the way down instead of being one of the first tabs. I understand that content from a new pack will often list first, but now that this GrT pack is no longer so new, and the tab is *massive*, I'd like to get it out of the way.

It's the same with "High school after school events", they seem to be the default organization tab because HSY brought the latest org. content, but this is quite annoying to a simmer who does not play a single HS student, but use the Club system from GT *a lot*. None of my sims are into those HS activities, while 50% of my 750 sims are members of one or more Clubs. I would prefer having that Clubs icon as my default icon, even if the club feature is no longer the newest. EA did in fact adjust this when I suggested making clubs default over University organizations, but at some timed it was reverted, or werewolves or HS features took over.

With so many different tabs - how about a way for us to decide the sorting order? Basically a smart game would know what tabs each of us use the more often, and the tabs could be sorted based on that. But adding a way to manually sort them would be very much appreciated ;)

Or - is there a Mod out there helping with this? The Milestones tab being the most annoying because it is so huge.

• "Simmerville;d-1012227" wrote:

With so many different tabs - how about a way for us to decide the sorting order? Basically a smart game would know what tabs each of us use the more often, and the tabs could be sorted based on that. But adding a way to manually sort them would be very much appreciated ;).

Great idea?, sometimes the focus is on milestones, in another family it is Highschool, next family is fame or magic. Sorting manually as needed for every sim would be just great!
  • Hi @Simmerville , you can close the dropdowns on the panel by clicking on the green title bars
    https://i.postimg.cc/MHjdpXPv/Screen-Shot-2023-12-17-at-10-43-31-PM.png

https://i.postimg.cc/59YVC3DF/Screen-Shot-2023-12-17-at-10-43-39-PM.png

And then the milestones part won't take up space.

It could be really handy to just leave them all closed, and only open up the one you want to look at at the time.
    https://i.postimg.cc/7b8XGDdX/Screen-Shot-2023-12-17-at-10-44-14-PM.png

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    It would be great if we could sort these different categories and the game would remember our settings. There are just too many of them. Having them closed by default could help as well. I mostly collapse the ones I have no interest in at the moment but doing this over and over again is annoying.
  • I agree a way to sort the tabs or/and have them closed by default would be great.

The whole game really needs a quality of life update, not just for the simology panel, the calender really needs one too, a way for us to chose which events we even want to be reminded of.
    Also those "random" alerts like the one for ThriftTea, I dont need that dudes....it gets so annoying and too much.
  • I agree that having them closed by default would help a lot if we can't sort them. But then they must be closed on ALL sims.

It is a bit confusing that this appears (randomly?) different from sim to sim, within the same household. So when I access the simology panel I never know what tabs will be open, and often I will close the milestones tab before scrolling down. It was fine in the start, but as I never use the info in that tab - not even when there is an infant in the household - it gets to the point of annoyance.

Was hoping for a mod to address this?
  • @Simmerville I wonder if it remembers which way you had them when you last played that sim? I'm not sure
  • "mightysprite;c-18336970" wrote:
    @Simmerville I wonder if it remembers which way you had them when you last played that sim? I'm not sure

Can't be so, because I never exit the simology panel with the milestones tab open ;) Still, normally when I enter simology that tab is open...

Perhaps Milestones was the latest addition to that panel? If there was a newer tab it would probably been sorted top. Traits are stuck on the very top, but I recall the horror of seeing the NAP voting tab on top regardless of whether the voting was ongoing or not. They probably think the latest addition is what all simmers use the most. As soon as that NAP feature was no longer the newest, it was pushed down.