Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Looking for Apartment building tutorial

Hiya. Wanted to know if anyone knows any tutorials for building in an apartment for City living since we are unable to place apartment from gallery (unless there’s a method I don’t know about).
I’m not good at building but a follow guide would be nice if there is any. All the videos I come across are speed builds.
  • there is some apartments in the gallery as rooms which can be placed on apartment lots :wink:

but yeah idk much about tutorials cause ive always just been the "play before reading manual" kinda player and just built until it looks like house :sweat_smile:
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    If you search in the gallery using the name of the apartment you want to replace, there are lots to download.

They come as single rooms, so once you have downloaded you just need to go through and replace the bits of wall that the creator deleted to make it one room instead of divided.
  • In the gallery, filter to rooms and then type in the hashtag search the name of the apartment. You will find tons of apartments. They will most likely be missing the walls where the doors are, all you will have to do is add one piece of wall to each door and then paint it the same wallpaper color. It's very easy.

And if you build your own, it is exactly the same as building a normal house. The only difference is that you can't change the outside or windows and doors. You also can't build multiple floors. So just build like normal, but only one floor and with the shape that you are given.
  • Try Simsvip.com they generally have tutorials on the game. And they may have something on apartment building.
  • Thank you all. I have never used the room function from the gallery & now I can make my apartments look pretty lol
    Brd709
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Is there a way of designating spaces/rooms as apartments like you could in the Sims 2 or do I just make a load of units in one lot and advertise for room mates?
  • "Brd709;c-17876784" wrote:
    Is there a way of designating spaces/rooms as apartments like you could in the Sims 2 or do I just make a load of units in one lot and advertise for room mates?

As far as I know, no. I would suggest advertising for room mates or asking Sims you know to be a room mate under the "room mate" social interaction menu. You can then assign beds and lock doors for specific Sims/allow access to specific Sims, so that only the room mate you want to live in said apartment can access it. :smile:
  • Remove the doors, knock holes in the walls where they go and upload the apartment as a room.