Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
7 years ago

Lottery Tool - run your own custom lottery!

Hi! With Seasons EP we got a random Lottery event. I'm still waiting for it to pop up in my game (after 4 full years played), and I know others would like to see it more often, too. So I thought you might find my old "custom lottery tool" in handy :smile:

There's nothing to download or install. It's a simple JavaScript I made for my old TS2 web site, but it works just as well with any version of the game.

Read more about it on my blog, Simmerville's Sims.

Or go directly to the lottery tool here: hinsides.no/simmerville/services/greysims/lotterywinner.html
  • The lottery isn't always great.. and yes that is Brant and Brent Hecking's dog from Cats and Dogs... :D

https://i.gyazo.com/cb124370f5b6e5f34da83d4999d8c470.png
  • "Simmerville;c-16834702" wrote:
    "Bronstarr;c-16834680" wrote:
    I have played two full seasons and no lottery yet for me.

Hi! I had the lottery twice by now. I think it occurs on a Wednesday during Fall. Both times I went crazy visiting as many households as possible during the day, allowing for them to participate. In the future I will just allow 1 household per hood, there's no way I can reach them all anyway :)

Btw: I decided on an alternative 1st prize, as I don't want any sim to win 1 mill. Wish we could set the prizes for the lottery, or even add our own lottery :smile: )

Nope, it is not "wednesdays during fall" as a default. Don't know if it is random, or if season length and age stages are a factor, or what...but I've gotten it twice in my game, both times in spring. Maybe the season you started the game in affects it, I started in spring.
  • "Stormkeep;c-16835183" wrote:
    Maybe the season you started the game in affects it, I started in spring.

Might be so - I started in Fall.
  • If you have holidays on wednesdays, you wont get the lottery. It will only comes on wednesday.
  • "Bronstarr;c-16834680" wrote:
    I have played two full seasons and no lottery yet for me.

Hi! I had the lottery twice by now. I think it occurs on a Wednesday during Fall. Both times I went crazy visiting as many households as possible during the day, allowing for them to participate. In the future I will just allow 1 household per hood, there's no way I can reach them all anyway :)

Btw: I decided on an alternative 1st prize, as I don't want any sim to win 1 mill. Wish we could set the prizes for the lottery, or even add our own lottery :smile: )
  • A dog won? :lol: well, I forgot to mention that none of my sims ever won. And if they win, I'll let them keep §50.000 + their social status will increase with 10% :smile:

Btw: With GF installed, I wonder if the lottery winner will get fame?
  • "Simmerville;c-16835221" wrote:
    "Stormkeep;c-16835183" wrote:
    Maybe the season you started the game in affects it, I started in spring.

Might be so - I started in Fall.

I started in fall too! I’ve only had it once and I don’t remember who won.. Time to extend my seasons, maybe?