Forum Discussion

atreya33
Seasoned Veteran
15 days ago

Lovestruck without cupid's corner?

I have seen several videos and articles about lovestruck but would like to hear your opinions. Most of my sims find their true love through the hand of the Watcher (me 😉) I would give cupid's corner a go for a single sim and then probably don't touch it afterwards. My sims will have a date occasionally but that's about it. Is there enough other gameplay in the EP to make it interesting?  Is there enough outside of cupid's corner to call it a useful addition to the game?

• Not only is there a lot of stuff besides Cupid's Corner but you also get

Lots of new interactions. There are several new kisses.

Box of chocolates which you can feed to your spouse or partner

Makeout In The Great Outdoors. Only Available at Parks.

Makeout In The Library

Heated Makeout I think that's what it's called. It has to be unlocked at level 7 romance level or is it 4 I forget.

Silly Smooch found under Funny and Silly

There is a kiss sims can do when difficult or something like that

Neck Kiss

Also you have Cuddle In Bed which I love

Woohooing on the bear rug and romantic blankets,watch stars and skies together,snuggle and sims can share their first kiss on the blankets/bear rug and they can kiss and makeout. The blanket/bear rug also comes with a picnic option.

If this wasn't enough there is a brand new world Ciudad that is very romantic. I recommend Visiting the murial site. Sims can even write on the wall. It also has a heart shaped pond and and and 1 swimming location. There is also a rental included for vacationing sims with a pool and a hottub.. There is also 2 Penthouses 1 of which is empty. I like the empty one. The world has a city similar to Myshuno but better looking in my opinion.

Lots of new romantic themed items.

Vibrating Heart Shaped Bed,Lips Sofa,Bear Rug,Romantic Blanket,Heart Chairs,Heart Bookends and End Tables,Romantic Heart Shaped Wallpapers etc. Many of these items can also be used if you decorate for Love Day. Also stuff from other packs is easier to get now like the nectar in nectar bottles when you order it from your phone under romantic gifts.

• You can go on dates without the Cupid's Corner application. My sims haven't used it yet. Also, you can use this EP with existing couples too, not just new ones to find new partners. So you can get your already married couples go on dates,  or you could use the objects and interaction from this EP to set up romantic vacations or maybe honeymoons. But you don't need to go on a date to show love and affections. There's quite a lot of new love related interactions. If you like to play with love in you game then this EP brings more of that, whether your sims have a quiet day at home or they go on a date.  If you only use woohoo once in a blue moon to make babies or your sims are asexual, then there is the world, which is lovely, picnic blanket, and chocolates. Also CAS and build and buy catalogue. 

atreya33
      Seasoned Veteran

Would you consider the additional love related interactions as something that actually gives something more to relationships? Are relationships more complicated or fundamentally different   with love struck installed? Does the introduction of the romance skill suddenly make existing couples limited at romance because the won't have any experience in this skill when the pack is first installed.

crocobaura
        Seasoned Ace

The romance skill and what this EP brings, in general, is more interactions to express how your sims feel about one another. So there will be more interactions depending on level of love skill and relationship dynamic. Everything in this EP is in addition to what is already there, so your existing couples won't be limited (more than they already are) in the romance department but they will be able to learn and unlock more interactions. I wouldn't say relationships are fundamentally different or more complicated, now there are the relationship dynamics, but this works basically like lifestyles and once you match a relationship pattern sims behavior will continue in that pattern and will open some specific interactions. If you want to change that you need to work on it. I like the custom relationships you can now add, though not sure those are tied to the EP. A sim now has the status of stalking ex-fiancee in my game.