Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

"Money money money. Give now."

Yep, they got the call. I have a pair of roommates I specifically made somewhat incompatible. He is a clumsy, romantic freegan and she is materialistic, hot headed and ambitious.
I was going for a kind of "Dharma and Greg" (an older TV series FYI...) but genders reversed.

Anyway, not a week into the game they get the call. Now Alison has to decide if to marry for money. She took the call see and I figured, being currently dirt poor that she was totally the type to go "money money money..."
  • I have never chosen the "Give Now" option. I always ask for the conditions. If I want to rush-marry some Sims, I'll do it in head-canon. : P

I think you should go for it. Marry for the money, then maybe get a quick divorce later. Then maybe get married again next Love Day?
  • Is it the marry in seven days to collect an inheritance?

https://bestgamingtips.com/sims-4-marry-for-money/
  • I've read others' stories regarding this, yet it has never once occurred in my game. Is there some criteria my Sims are missing?
  • I always get that call, but I can never seem to remember which option doesn't say you have to get married, so I usually pick the wrong one. It always seems to happen with sims I don't plan to marry. @GalacticGal and @TheFurSims it's a random call that I think only happens if you have eco lifestyle. A sim Calls and says you have inherited some money. If you pick the option to take the money, they say you have to get married in a week or you dont get the money. If you ask about the conditions of getting the money, then they just give it to you.
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Yes, it’s the married in seven days to collect inheritance. It’s a call that was introduced with EcoLifestyle. I’ve read a theory that it is more likely to happen to Sim with less money. I also imagine it doesn’t happen to married couples.
  • "MrPlumbob;c-18284518" wrote:
    I always get that call, but I can never seem to remember which option doesn't say you have to get married, so I usually pick the wrong one. It always seems to happen with sims I don't plan to marry. @GalacticGal and @TheFurSims it's a random call that I think only happens if you have eco lifestyle. A sim Calls and says you have inherited some money. If you pick the option to take the money, they say you have to get married in a week or you dont get the money. If you ask about the conditions of getting the money, then they just give it to you.

Ah-hah! Thanks for clarifying that. I don't have Eco. But then again, my Sims are very wealthy, so they don't need it. I did (head canon) have Joseph Cantrell, Sr. inherit the house they came to live in in Del So Valley, initially and that's what brought them back to Earth from Vulcan. Grand Uncle Joseph Cantrell passed and left it all to his namesake, since he had no offspring of his own.