Forum Discussion

FreddyFox1234
Seasoned Veteran
3 hours ago

More in-game advertising coming soon?

Loading screens are apparently going to be updated soon, according to this Sims Community article. And it looks like they might start advertising packs on them in a similar way to Sims 3 loading screens (although those were interactive and you could opt out of them).

I’m tired of this, but not surprised. It just seems inevitable now that they’re going to use every opportunity in the game to try and make us spend more money. What do you all think?

Plumbeeb
    Rising Traveler

Honestly, I can't say I mind that much. I'll take it over that awful shade of blue any day.

I guess that's also why my custom loading screen was broken in the latest patch update, which has never happened before.

To be honest, I'm surprised they never used their high resolution renders as main menu and loading screen backgrounds sooner. All the work that must go in to editing them, it would be a shame not to display them. I think they should just do away with displaying the DLC pack names, game tips, and just opt for a slideshow of their renders, accompanied by a small spinning Plumbob in the corner. Keep it clean and simple.

Heck, while they're at it, they could do the same for the main menu. It's the only reason why I use the Refreshed Main Menu mod. I'd much rather look at pretty scenery than advertisements. My main menu now looks like this:

• Hope that won't be the case because there are quite a lot more loading screens in TS4 than there were in TS3.

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Please don't.

The Sims 3 at least turned it into a mini-game. It seems like The Sims 4 simply shows the pictures...

• It's already happening. What do you think this whole Reaper Event is...In Game Advertising.

If you had a problem with the shopping cart then then you should really have a problem with these in game events advertising every time you click on another lot or sim in your game.

These events are 100 times worse then the shopping cart in my opinion because they are forced on me and intrusive to my gameplay.

• This is the first update in a long time that I do not like one bit. Up until now ads haven’t affected my game and personally I don’t find them too overwhelming or distracting from gameplay, but, the invasive act of ad-pushing aside…. this is a big throwback to those TS3 days and I’m really sorry but I’m not here for that lol. 

I’m not against the current loading screens - I actually quite like them, and I love an update, but I just can’t do loading screen ads. 

I will be investing in some loading screen mods/cc the moment this gets implemented. So if anyone has any recs for good creators that make those, please hit me up! 

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,107 PostsLatest Activity: 44 minutes ago