Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Mt.Komorebi - Fake train...why?

Stop giving us fake vehicles! There are fake trains distributed in almost every world, give them some function, at least for NPCs.

It's a shame that a world as well made as Mt.Komorebi still carries this lazy old rabbit hole teleport. So many people were excited about the cableway in the expansion trailer and our Sims will never use it. The traffic of people and interactions near the train station also meant absolutely nothing, as we never see this scene happen in real gameplay. I was hoping that at least the teenagers would actually use the train to go to school, but even that doesn't happen. There are so many vehicles around the world and all sims keep appearing and disappearing in the "mist".

https://media.extratime.media/sims-4-snowy-escape-trains.jpg

https://blog.thesimsresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SEREVsenba8.jpg

https://media.extratime.media/sims-4-snowy-escape-train-station.jpg
(why???)
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    They also make it look like the world is crowded with sims, almost like sims are spawning around areas that you are visiting, except that they don't do that in the game either, the game only spawns a few sims who walk around.

Vehicles are just background objects that feel almost surreal with dark windows and no sims can be seen going near them.

I wish that the game could actually spawn sims doing different things like we see in the trailers. Maybe by spawning sims around certain areas or around your sim when you are visiting places. That would bring more life into the world.
  • @logion, imo, that's the one thing the game needs more than anything else. Sims out in the neighborhood actually doing things. The biggest problem with that, of course, is that the neighborhoods in general don't have enough to do in the first place...so right now there is no point.

I've been using Twisted Mexi's TOOL mod to start adding more 'stuff' out in open neighborhoods. Combined with MCCC being set with a much higher limit for maximum sims, I'm starting to see more activity out in the neighborhoods. That's a good sign, because it means the game can handle it. EA just needs to make it so.
  • "Stormkeep;c-18098882" wrote:
    @logion, imo, that's the one thing the game needs more than anything else. Sims out in the neighborhood actually doing things. The biggest problem with that, of course, is that the neighborhoods in general don't have enough to do in the first place...so right now there is no point.

I've been using Twisted Mexi's TOOL mod to start adding more 'stuff' out in open neighborhoods. Combined with MCCC being set with a much higher limit for maximum sims, I'm starting to see more activity out in the neighborhoods. That's a good sign, because it means the game can handle it. EA just needs to make it so.

I do exactly the same thing and I also agree. It's the one thing that keeps the environment from feeling lively. So even city worlds don't have a city feel. I think what we need is npcs that are actually npcs. Like there is no way you can play them and they are sort of like robots that do things in the background. Getting on and off the train, walking by talking to cell phone , having a picnic, doing various activities unique to them. I think it's a bad idea to have every npc be a normal sim. That's why they all stop off and do the same things like beating on a stuffed animal, sleeping on a bench or breaking any dollhouse on the lot ?.
    Instead of going about their business. If we could get a lot of those npcs around it would really liven up worlds.
  • Yeah, the worlds feel somehow empty or uninspiring. I still play vanilla, but I have seriously considered getting TwistedMexi's TOOL mod, so that I could add swings, chess tables, campfires and other items outside of the lots. It would help a bit. Some of the neighbourhoods are very pretty, so it's a shame that there isn't enough interesting stuff to explore them and spend time outside of the lots. I liked camping in Chalet Gardens in Windenburg because there's the lore and quite much to explore, and close to the waterfall in Sulani because it's unique and interactable. Oh and the Sulani festivals are nice. Mt Komorebi has nice things such as the forest spirits, mountain climbing and mountain caves, but the cableway and the train are meh and the last time I explored Wakaba it just felt really empty even though there's even swimmable river there (I would have needed some swimming games or other things to do while swimming or just something special to that river). And the greenhouse in Magic Realm... I wish it was a rabbit hole at least, but nope. I mean, there are some nice things, but there should really be more.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    All is an illusion of what this game could have been. Candy for the eyes that one can't touch and for me that is sad.
  • "Elliandre;c-18099099" wrote:
    Am I just blind, because I've never even seen a fake train in the game. :confused: Which neighborhoods are they in? I'd like a real one though. We need a transportation game pack. All the fake stuff that you can't click on drives me crazy sometimes, especially all the fake canoes. We already have functional little sailboats with Sulani, so why do we need any fake canoes? Should be able to put the canoes/sailboats on any lake, ocean or river. And all the fake people in San Myshuno freak me out a bit lol

We also have this in San Myshuno, Evergreen Harbor and we're also pretty sure I've seen train tracks in other worlds, just to tease us.
    Another similar transport is the one we have in Newcrest.

https://preview.redd.it/op9pns8rfun41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4bcd4db80780e997657c379b45914d0b8b723a42
  • Except for the bicycle, I think, all modes of transportation in TS4 are fake and have been since the beginning. DU has a half of a train, running across the countryside. It's literally half a train the 'back side' is missing.
    SnaveXs
    Seasoned Scout
    Probably worried about animation failure happening but I wish the train operated too.
  • Just like the ff7 remake for example. All those npcs around busy living life really made the world feel lively. I don't see why the Sims couldn't do something like that.
  • Am I just blind, because I've never even seen a fake train in the game. :confused: Which neighborhoods are they in? I'd like a real one though. We need a transportation game pack. All the fake stuff that you can't click on drives me crazy sometimes, especially all the fake canoes. We already have functional little sailboats with Sulani, so why do we need any fake canoes? Should be able to put the canoes/sailboats on any lake, ocean or river. And all the fake people in San Myshuno freak me out a bit lol