Forum Discussion

7 years ago

My biggest complaint about aspirations

I wish that you didn't have to constantly switch between them to achieve goals. I would like to see it so that if you complete a goal even while the aspiration isn't selected then it could still complete that goal.

I understand that a change like this may not be well liked, but I would love it deeply. Any thoughts? :)
  • "2tcn;c-16350898" wrote:

My biggest gripe about aspirations is the lackluster rewards.

..... Have you seen the rewards for JA aspirations....? Talk about lackluster, I literally laughed out loud after reading them.

• "Zeldaboy180;c-16350743" wrote:
    "NorthDakotaGamer;c-16350733" wrote:
    So you want the challenge taken out of the achievements? Basically that is what you just insinuated. Making sure the aspiration is active is the challenge to making sure you can complete it.

I can understand a lot of people feel that way. For the vampire ones though, the vampire lord aspiration requires you to survive around 20 or so days. The good vampire requires you to not bite from sims for 20 days. Those are two aspirations that are completely doable at once, but require 40 or so days to complete.

Sure 40 days is nothing to a vampire, but itd be easier without it.

Speaking of which, I've got a vampire aiming to be Master Vampire and hasn't switched his aspiration at all, and at the final tier he has to survive for an additional 20 days, but there was already 15 counted on it, yet I keep waiting and waiting for a few days and it won't increase further. What's up with that?
  • I was playing Caleb Vatore who had the Good Vampire aspiration. He had to go 14 days not biting a Sim without permission. When I sent him to JA, he had only completed 6 days but I switched his aspiration to Archeology.

When he returned home, I switched his aspiration back to Good Vampire. It showed he had completed 11 days. So it had advanced even though he wasn't using it during that time (maybe because he only drank plasma packs while on vacation?).