Forum Discussion

6 years ago

My feelings about Island Living and a huge request to the developers

Actually, I think Island Living is great. I LOVE Sulani (I think I will never leave the island again) the objects and plants are just beautiful and also the jobs are very interesting (except that it´s sad that the lifeguard career is not active). Unlike many others, it doesn´t bother me that we don´t have scuba diving. But there is something else that REALLY bothers me, and I hope that the developers can bring that into the game with a patch. Iseland Living is perfect for single sims in terms of its activities. But what about my couples? They can not play together in the water. They can not build sandcastles together. These animations are already present in the game. Sims can build a snowman together, so why not sandcastles as well? And as for playing in the water, there is the animation from the "romantic garden stuff"pack. Sims can play together in the big fountain. This animation (see pictures) could have been perfect for the ocean.
And then I think I'll never understand why only one Sim can sit in a sailboat. It would be so romantic as a couple to sail in the sunset. :'(
I had a date with my couple on the beach today, but I realized that I didn´t know what to do with them there. There are simply no activities for couples, just for single sims. And as a player who plays more with couples than with singles, that's sad.
Furthermore, a few group activities such as volleyball or badminton would have been perfect for the beach. And why can´t sims talk with each other when they lie on the lounge chairs?
If the pack had more activities for couples / groups, it would be the perfect pack. I do not regret the purchase, but I would like to see improvements in a future patch. Please make the beautiful island more couple friendly.

• I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "gamepack" gamepack sometime in the future as we have games and sports being added little by little in various packs and off the grid stuff in various packs and StrangerVille, coming just before Off the Grid lots in Island Living. Could be the reason we haven't got volleyball yet.

I might put in a basketball court (CL) and bowling alley somewhere instead and I think there's one outoor game that came with Outdoor living.
  • You sent me off googling, @Writin_Reg --that was interesting. I notice the wikipedia article is asking for expert help:
    This article needs attention from an expert in Volleyball. The specific problem is: too much unsourced information. WikiProject Volleyball may be able to help recruit an expert. (September 2015)
    Anybody here a volleyball expert willing to give the article proper sourcing?
  • I 100% agree about the sailboat thing, I'd love if my two sims could fish together on a boat but they sadly can't.

It'd be especially great if pets (Specifically dogs) could get on sailboats with their owner, and maybe even count as walking them? Considering my sims live on an island surrounded by water and when the dog is begging to be walked he just goes outside the house on the leash than immediately returns home (If they don't freeze, I usually have to control it).

I mean, I'm grateful for the attention to detail we did get with pets in Island Living (They can swim! :smile: Thankfully not unless you call on them it seems, which is good since my sim's dog is loyal and usually follows them everywhere, I don't know if they can drown or not, but considering they seem to stand around a lot even in the water I hope they don't)