Forum Discussion

10 years ago

My sim daughter has a romantic interest in her mother and father!?

I've only read a bit about story progression and I'm not sure if it's "on" or not (since I didn't even know it was there until about 15 minutes ago), but surely...

Today I noticed that my daughter sim, who is a young adult still living at home, has a romantic interest in both her mother and father. Is there any way I can get rid of this without ruining the relationship or moving her out? How can I prevent this in the future? My sim family is oober realistic (except for the daughter) so it would be more than weird if my sim modeled after my irl step-son had a romantic interested in my sim modeled after my irl husband or myself.

I know it's just a game, but it's still a bit creepy. Any suggestions?
  • If your sim flirts with the non-family sim while she is also interacting with the family members (like in a big group convo) the game can glitch and thinks your sim is flirting with all the sims at once. The family member sims will feel negative about the interaction,but still unlock the romantic relationship bar. I saw it happen on one of xUrbanSimsx Sims 4 videos on youtube. I don't know if there is a fix for it or not. And like stated before,using the cas cheat can screw things up as well. Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch soon.
  • "Larin;13041236" wrote:
    Also (I know this is way off topic, sorry. Don't know if that's okay or not. It's my first day here), the site keeps telling me I don't have permission to change my profile picture. Can somebody help?

I haven't been around much lately, but there was a rule imposed where you can't update profile info like signature and avatar unless your account was 8 wks old. Probably still up if you can't change it.

I haven't had them develop romantic relations before (likely because no free will and I don't switch families) but I have had them decide their parent was their sibling instead.
  • One of my Sims has a small romantic relationship with her grandmother, and I didn't use cas.fulleditmode to edit relationships, just to change the last name of the grandmother long before the granddaughters came along. (The granddaughter is adopted -- not sure if that makes a difference.) Even more disturbing is that I downloaded a family from the Gallery to add some Sims to my game, and the granddaughter in question is romantically involved with one of the Sims, who has a Hot and Cold relationship with his daughter (they Dislike each other but have a mid-range romantic bar). I tried to use Modify Relationship cheat to get rid of the romantic bar and it wasn't working -- I may just have to invite her over and do Mean interactions to get rid of the romance bar (I did that with another Sim he had romantic bar with, and it got rid of the bar without hurting the friendship). Should probably take care of that before my Sim marries the dude. (He's got the Romantic trait so I'm not surprised to find a few entanglements.)
  • Well i noticed today my toddler stared to build romantic relationship with her parents! Even a friendly activity builds romantic relationship, too. I MEAN SHE IS A TODDLER... WHY THIS IS HAPPENING
  • Do you have MCCC installed? Im pretty sure you can turn on/off these types of relationships in there and also cheat out romantic relationships. You should check their documentation if you have it installed
  • Thank you all for your suggestions.

As rosemow said, it would be best to start a new discussion on Answers HQ regarding this.