Forum Discussion

brenjay91
New Spectator
3 years ago

My sim realizes she’s a sim!

Just kidding. I remember back when people were playing the sims 2 and this discussion came about on the forums due to sims interacting with us by looking at us or yelling up at the sky in frustration.

It was like they knew we were watching and controlling them. It’s one thing I really miss about the sims 2 that I hope the next sims game incorporates. And I swear some sims in the sims 2 seemed to look to the computer screen more with a look of curiosity on their face.

I think a funny trait the creators should think about adding is a trait like “ Maybe I’m a sim trait” not saying that’s what it should be called, maybe just a conspiracy theorist sim. This sim believes there’s something going on more with their life then what they see. Almost as if someone is controlling those around them, their naturally more curious sims and are more likely not to always do what you order them to do.

Like if you tell them to go to bed they might start to and then decide to randomly go do something else. They might share their conspiracy theory of being a sim with other sims. I just think it would add some humor to the game.

My other question is what if your sim realized he/she was a sim? What do you think would happen? Would they warn other sims, would they try and figure out what’s going on? Or would they know but be accepting? Just thought it might be an interesting funny post.
  • This could get uncomfortable for those of us who have or even actively play a self sim.

Hank: Okay everyone, listen up! Our head of forensics is actually sitting in a parallel dimension and controling our life in a videogame.

Gavin: Connor, come quick! Your father has taken to the bottle again!

Me: Uh, guys? Hank is correct. We are all projections of my true self, but I don't just control our lifes, I also blog about it and sometimes write fanfics and chronicles. But that's no big deal, because we all share the same soul. When I stop playing the game, you simply merge back into me.

Connor (looking at Gavin): Absolutely not! In no reality do I share a soul with THIS person!

Gavin (pointing at Connor): Same! - But, say, Enki, you said we're on the internet. So we're popular, right?

Me: Uh... sometimes I get three Likes on the same post. That's good, yes?

Gavin (to Hank): Whatever you gave Enki, don't give it to him ever again. I mean it!

Jokes aside, this is how I view my story and videogame characters: as fragments of myself. If they became sentient, then we'd still be the same being, albeit with different personalities.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    Hey, I'm not 100% convinced I'm not a sim. They say certain elements of high energy physics make more sense if you accept that the universe is a simulation.
    cyncie
    Seasoned Veteran
    Pretty sure some of my sims know there's a Watcher. They will go to the camera and look me straight in the eyes, sometimes. Of course, they don't know they're only digital. The "sims" they play in the "Sims Forever" video game are digital. They're real. That's what they keep telling themselves. That's what I keep telling myself.

• tbh my sims 4 sims also do the stare in the eyes of watcher when she least expects it thing at times

also there is bug now that causes sims heads to turn while game is paused and more often than not they give me a creepy look turning to face the camera while I am trying to get screenshot

then again its pretty nice cause I am playing Goths atm and that is absolute Goth family behavior
    Cybersbe
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You might be interested in the PSP version of The Sims 2...