Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

My Sims' Obsessed Fan Keeps Leaving Ambrosia Behind!

I just refreshed my memory of what Ambrosia is used for in this game. To bring a ghost back to life. This has me puzzled, as my Global Superstar has a very obsessed fan. The male Sim turns up at my Sims' live gigs (he's a rock star), removes his clothing. This, sometimes after attempting to kiss my Sim. (Sorry Erik isn't that kind of Sim! He's into females.) I'm not certain if it's always after Erik pushes him away during this attempt that causes Marcelo to leave a tiered cake and some Ambrosia behind, but he just did it again! Unfortunately, it all happened so quick, Marcelo trying to kiss my Sim and my Sims shoving him off of him, that I didn't capture a screenshot of it. But, I did notice the tiered cake and a plate of Ambrosia on the floor near Erik's table. He's entertaining a young adult female Sim and they are dining out at a rather posh place.

The very first time Marcelo showed up was shortly after my Sim was warned about a Stan. This was my very first experience with such, and I mistakenly took Marcelo to be said Stan. Now, I know differently. But, what do you suppose it means, his leaving behind a plate of Ambrosia?

Any theories? Any experiences with such?

Please and thank you in advance for any guesses, or opinions on this matter. :)
  • It's either a very thinly veiled threat, or a testament to his love for Erik that not even death will keep him away from Marcelo.

Also, what's a Stan?
  • Do you have the road to fame mod installed? I think they do it in that.
  • Sorry if I wasn't clear in the Road to Fame mod placing ambrosia can happen... I just looked up some patch notes and it says this.
    -Decreased the rate of obsessed fans placing wedding cakes, trash & ambrosia on the floor

Although I do think it seems pretty creepy... I like it.
  • "Hermitgirl;c-16929079" wrote:
    Do you have the road to fame mod installed? I think they do it in that.

Yes, I do have RTF_Professional Singing Career installed. :) I'm just trying to decipher what it means. To add to it, Marcelo texted my Sim to tell him "Your 15 minutes of fame are rapidly coming to an end … tick tock Erik!" Generally, those kind of threats are related to Tastemakers or the other advertising company. This is weird, but fun. LOL
  • "TheGreatGorlon;c-16929039" wrote:
    It's either a very thinly veiled threat, or a testament to his love for Erik that not even death will keep him away from Marcelo.

Also, what's a Stan?

A Stan is an over-the-top fan who comes to your star's house. Erik was blessed with this Quirk.
  • "Hermitgirl;c-16929238" wrote:
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in the Road to Fame mod placing ambrosia can happen... I just looked up some patch notes and it says this.
    -Decreased the rate of obsessed fans placing wedding cakes, trash & ambrosia on the floor

Although I do think it seems pretty creepy... I like it.

Oh, so that's where that pile of trash came from. LOL And here I just thought a waiter had accidentally dropped a tray of food. :open_mouth: Another fan (normal type) did have fun jumping in said pile of trash — and she was very joyful about it. ;) Another thing I found interesting, this go-around, was that the obsessed fan was dressed in exactly what my Sim was wearing. I'd never seen that one before. Makes sense though. I do hope he doesn't prove to be like that RL fan (I will not mention his name, although it's burned into my memory) that took out John Lennon.

Note what Erik is wearing:
    https://i.imgur.com/hl1HZ8T.jpg

Note what Marcelo is wearing:
    https://i.imgur.com/Xd7XM67.jpg

This is the fan that rather gleefully 'played in the trash pile':
    https://i.imgur.com/uCpU9tm.jpg