Forum Discussion

3 years ago

My Wedding Stories Stain Glass Windows

This is really weird topic but why do people like the stain glass windows from this pack so much? Honestly they are very basic for stain glass windows. I'm not saying they need to intricate. But when comparing them to Realm of Magic they are very boring designs in my opinion. So help me out here? Why do you like them?
  • "Nekia33painter;d-998042" wrote:
    This is really weird topic but why do people like the stain glass windows from this pack so much? Honestly they are very basic for stain glass windows. I'm not saying they need to intricate. But when comparing them to Realm of Magic they are very boring designs in my opinion. So help me out here? Why do you like them?

I like that they are bright and pretty and colourful, and the design is simple and neutral.
    83bienchen
    Seasoned Novice
    I was thinking the same as OP. RoM Windows are a lot prettier.
  • To think I've only found the wedding dresses, just yesterday! I had no idea there were stained glass windows, too. I need to get myself up to speed. Part of it is my couple is still too young to marry. Ho-hum, time doesn't fly it slithers very slowly like a snail. Oi!
  • I'm excited about the stained glass windows because they're an option beyond the Realm of Magic ones. Don't get me wrong, I love the Realm of Magic ones, but I get tired of using them all the time, and I want to be able to build with something else (and don't say CC is a thing. It is, and I can use it, but I want to share my work, so the less CC I use the better.)

Also I'd guess that a lot of people didn't buy Realm of Magic because they don't want Spellcasters in their game (never mind that they're so hamstrung that if you never go to the Magic Realm and never play a spellcaster and don't know which premades are spellcasters, you'll never know they're there), so for those people this gives them the opportunity to have stained glass windows.
  • I like the shape but the stained glass swatches are underwhelming. Not very awe-inspiring if you want to build a church.
  • The basic design makes them neutral enough to fit with any wedding theme while still in some swatches adding a spark of color to the build.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    I love stained glass both in the sims and in rl. I have several cc windows which are beautiful stained glass.

I too love the RoM windows, but like someone else said, we definitely need a variety to use. The more plain ones will go into residential houses while the fancy ones will go in my church. o:)
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    There are several available for medium wall height. If I remember correctly, the RoM ones are only short wall height. Besides, the RoM ones are very art deco, and the purple swatch has a very specific theme. The new ones are more neutral which makes them more versatile.
    Let's not forget that Get Together also has stained glass windows, but again very style specific one.
  • "Nekia33painter;d-998042" wrote:

RoM windows may be prettier but I mean why not have these too
    + I love that the pattern looks lowkey like plumbobs
    +the colors are fun
    +these look more church like in shape so if you were about to build something similar nice
    + I mean once you use rom windows on everything you do sort of wish there was more options
    + I like the non stained swatches a lot

+++ anything instead of the boring minimal modern windows which have like idk 10? versions in the catalog from different packs and for what I still do not know because its basically base game and it all looks same with slightly thinner frame or something idk
  • I like the neutral swatches better than the colorful ones. The white frame with the black inserts are beautiful, I love the design. I don't care alot for the colorful swatches. They seem too retro and not antique enough for me. Especially the first swatch with all the rectangles.

I do agree, RoM had prettier designs but I also love the shape of the ones from MWS.