Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Mysterious Sound in game - Anyone know what this is??

Asking for some assistance

I am posting on behalf of @shatinn here who has an interesting query re a mysterious sounds ( I myself am wondering if anyone else has any answers on this too). I am posting for her as her posts are low still and she cannot add photos or videos just yet.

@shatinn has a video (see link ---->) https://youtube.com/watch?v=zIJPULn1Jt8

As you can see her vampire or alien both have this eerie sound when they walk from one point to another, at first we thought that it was due to them residing in the world of Forgotten Hollow, but as you can see this is not the case. In a number or videos now this sound is showing up when her sims are moving and this sound is very present.
It is either a vampire OR her alien, however Caleb and other vampires in her game do not make this sound.
Has anyone experienced this OR would they be able to enlighten @shatinn (and myself) on this mysterious sound!
Thank you.
  • @Jasonschick80 we will, we will. everybody chips in, it will be solved. Perhaps just need to think outside of the box. Never had a sim die in my game (well one on the first day but that was a panic attack and there was no Reaper around to take my poor sim) so I actually did not know the Reaper does have this sound. I might have to look into death related features in the game and how they are connected to certain sims.
  • Hmm, I don't remember aliens having this sound at all.
    Like others said, it sounds like the Grim Reaper so I think maybe it's a bug?

Maybe you can tweet the video to a sim guru and they can answer it for you. :sweat_smile:
  • "FurSimsOfficial;c-17032396" wrote:
    "shatinn;c-17032360" wrote:
    @FurSimsOfficial I don't remember anybody died around them, my vampire got burned on the daylight a bit but he ran into the house alive. My alien passed out of exhaustion a few times ( I had a problem with a bed and he could not sleep properly) but he woke up every time.

oh yeah the famous bed bug :D I had the same. Hope they will fix this in a new patch as well. As for your music, I love it to. Reminds me abit of the creepy sounds in SD. We need more of these! I always get the creeps in the jungle not knowing what can happen.

That reminds me of when I first played a household that had a ghost in Sims2. It happened to be Halloween in RL, the sun was already setting and my office grew dark. I was the only one home at the time when suddenly — cue the music. Gave me the creeps. I rarely ever played Maxis made houses but for some reason I'd moved my family into this home. I had no idea a Sim had died there … Talk about a perfect atmosphere for Halloween. :open_mouth: Needless to say I was very glad when my RL family members began to stroll into our house and I was no longer alone. LOL
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    That...is awesome. If you do figure it out, please let us know. I want this "issue" for myself!
  • Is it only in that spot? I've not heard it but I haven't really explored San Myshuno that much. Maybe it's just the background noise.
    Like in Windenburg you have church bells.
  • It's definitely a creepy sound. If we didn't already have aliens in our game, I would attribute it to an alien invasion about to happen! Can't be StrangerVille, as I don't recall such sounds when I played through that scenario very recently. At first I thought it was a jet, but if we don't have cars, why would they put airplanes of any sort in the game?

I do hope someone has an answer. That would freak me out if it started up in my game.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "bebasim;c-17031843" wrote:
    @Jasonschick80 - same here i did the same when @shatinn asked about it, i wish mine did this. I tried all sorts of things and nothing sigh!! I want this sound gaahhh

Her Alien also makes that sound as you can see in the vid which is weird...

@EgonVM - Question why would she want to repair her game? She likes the sounds and wants more of it. I doubt it's a game thing as it seems like many people don't have it!
    She has mods and cc though pretty much as I do. Which is why i am baffled as i don't know where it's coming from and i i want it lol.

But if she likes that thing, then keep it. Thought I'd suggest that in case that bothered you or her.
  • @FurSimsOfficial oh yes, the Jungle is so much fun, dense outside, spooky inside. It is a well made pack imo.