Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Nannies!

Can you have a live-in nanny? Or is just the butler a live-in?
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    Some of my nannies never leave, so if your game glitches like mine, sure! Lol. Your best bet, definitely, is to use mods, unless nannies get changed in March...
  • Unless your household is full, you can add a nanny to the family. It might be fun controling her, and maybe play the other sims a little less. I do it this way with butlers.
  • I prefer not to use Nannies. They get all weird, and keep calling the children over to their houses. Something slightly disturbing about the blending of those boundaries, you know?
  • Nannies and butlers are a waste of Simoleans, in my opinion. And none of them seem to be very smart nor do they appear to understand the job descriptions that go with their positions. They get fixated on preparing food when the refrigerator is overflowing with leftovers. They stand around looking helpless whenever an infant or toddler needs attention. And I'm with @GalacticGal when it comes to the nannies calling our Sim kids asking if they want to come over. It's creepy and inappropriate behavior. My Sims seldom have a career that requires them to leave their homes. I do this because I grew weary of the grind of working towards promotions. There are so many other ways to make a living in Sims4 there's no need to take on a career. And it helps when my Sims start their families. They can work from home and make sure their offspring get the care and attention they need. In the past when my Sims did have careers, I would create a relative to come and live with the family. Mainly a female relative such as a sister, or a grandmother and grandfather on occasion. Changing the family dynamic in that way led to great storylines and I thoroughly enjoyed playing each and every one of those.
  • I've never hired a nanny in TS4 and the one nanny I hired in TS3 turned out to be a very dedicated kleptomaniac . If you want a live in nanny, you could move in a young adult sim and call it an au pair. Make sure they are from a different neighbourhood, give them some pocket money every once in awhile, and pay for them to have some classes to increase some skills.
    Brd709
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Not one you can hire via the phone but one i created for a story. Her traits are that she's mean and hates kids. I can see her career going places!
  • "Brd709;c-18227855" wrote:
    Not one you can hire via the phone but one i created for a story. Her traits are that she's mean and hates kids. I can see her career going places!

LOL, that is fabulous!
  • "GalacticGal;c-18227277" wrote:
    I prefer not to use Nannies. They get all weird, and keep calling the children over to their houses. Something slightly disturbing about the blending of those boundaries, you know?

Oh man, that's creeeeeepppppy!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,029 PostsLatest Activity: 20 hours ago