Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Neighborhood stories experiences?

I was just wondering what everyone's experience is with neighborhood stories and whether you feel it runs smoothly.

I haven't played in a while, but since Werewolves I picked up the game again, and I've found this to be a bit unnerving. In this particular save, significant characters started dying off all over, families kept adopting kids and pets until their households were full and the same people keep calling to ask me whether they should make friends - I don't care about their friendships, it's not significant in the overall game experience, especially if I don't play their households.

In my next save, I did a rags to riches and made sure that neighborhood stories were customised more to my liking: no accidental deaths, no adopting children but allowing pregnancy, allowing career changes but not allowing moving out. But still, my sims kept dying and my sim's acquaintances kept calling to tell them they adopted a child or pet they desperately want me to meet. But clicking on the mailbox to see changes only reveals 1 single thing. I have to go look specifically to go see what is happening.

Probably not important but my lifespan is set to long at the moment.

I am curious what everyone else is experiencing with the neighborhood stories and what their thoughts or fixes are. Is it bugged?