Forum Discussion

amapola76
New Adventurer
2 years ago

New Recipes: Harvestables/Ingredients?

One mild disappointment for me is that we haven't heard about any new harvestables coming with Horse Ranch (other than prairie grass, sort of), so I was basically assuming that we wouldn't get any. However, thinking about the new recipes and their potential ingredients makes me wonder whether there's still a slim chance we might get a couple of new harvestables, either with the pack or base game. They might not have given any thought to how these recipes would function with the Simple Living challenge... there's certainly precedent for that with other recipes... but then again, maybe they did.

Bison Stew: not much hope here, I assume they will just make red meat an ingredient and call it a day.

Wild Nut Soup: unless I'm forgetting something, we don't currently have any harvestable nuts in game, right? I can't think of anything else we are already able to grow or buy that would fit this recipe.

Three Sisters Stew: We definitely don't have corn, and it's been a frequently requested harvestable for years. So this would have been the perfect opportunity to add it. As for beans and squash, we do have pumpkins from CoL, black beans from JA, and green beans from Seasons... not a perfect match, but I guess they could be used in a pinch. However, my fear is that they will cop out and just make this an "any vegetable" ingredient recipe, like some we already have. Though I suppose that would be better than making it impossible to make the recipe with Simple Living.

Pan de Campo: probably flour will be the only ingredient. It would have been a good opportunity to add harvestable wheat, but I am not hopeful.

Are there any other new recipes that I missed?
  • I love that we are getting new recipes and that in this world the welcome wagon will bring over the stew instead of the fruit cake. Would have been nice to have more new harvestables but I Iike that they added the sickle animation for cutting the grass. It's a bit wild and looks like the sim might injure himself, but it's a nice addition especially for simmers that like to play historical settings. Now, if only they would free the cows and the llamas so that they could use the horse bed and hay stand, that would make me really happy.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,035 PostsLatest Activity: 25 minutes ago