Forum Discussion

3 years ago

New Survey: More Kits Coming?

https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/status/1511335597285298178?s=20&t=C0wCa_PEXuB0OBzXB0gBuA

Take the survey here:
Targeted TS4 K12 + K13 Buyer Survey
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6775816/04-2022
  • "akuheikomatsu;c-18090007" wrote:
    Yeah, this survey seemed kind of useless. There was really no room for any sort of feedback of what types of things players would be interested in having in kits.

I’d personally love to see goth, lolita/elegant gothic aristocrat, punk, decades (20s/30s/40s etc), cyberpunk, and men’s casual fashion (like normal clothes, not runway stuff). Or maybe some build kits, like things to make a wider variety of community lot types.

Great list! Would love this.
    I don't feel like kits are reaching their full potential.
  • I did the survey, but it only asked me about the Decor to the Max kit. I wanted to answer about the Carnival Street Kit, but since it never asked me, I'll give feedback here.

Spoiler
    The Carnival Street Kit has some very pretty items and it's the first and only so far Kit that I am interested in, but I don't like the way it was marketed towards cross-dressing. It made it very difficult to determine which items would be for male or female Sims until the pack released and it was rather disappointing to learn that the pink top I thought would be for females is actually for males. It really irks me when pretty feminine looking items are not given to females. Also, since the pink top has a very similar pattern to the mermaid scales, could we please have pink mermaid scales added to mermaids?
    ADashofAsh90
    Seasoned Vanguard
    Filled it out for both of them--wish they would have asked about other themes/gameplay we're interested in but overall I hope this helps!
  • The forums mainly seem to consist of the old days sim players, many of us are in our 30s and older. Most of us even started out playing TS back in 2000, and if not then we started out with TS2.

I know there's younger people here too, but mostly it's us old simmers. Whenever I read Instagram about a new pack we don't like or are critical about on the forums, younger audiences usually hype it.

Especially for kits it's console players who love them because they really need more variety of items as they can't use CC. And I don't know for sure, but I might guess younger players more often play on console. I know many teenagers nowadays who don't even own a PC anymore, they just use their phone or tablets or laptops that wouldn't be able to run TS4 with all packs installed. And many of them have consoles.

Younger audiences receive the packs differently than we do. So I guess reading the forums isn't so helpful for EA because we're just one type of audience TS4 caters to.

Also Twitter seems to have more of an older audience, you find younger audiences more like on TikTok or Instagram.
  • I mean I would say the kit number is probably typo in that those are not kits they are asking about as they do not yet exist and probably just got numbers mixed like what kit are we on again

that being said i do think kit 12 and 13 will exist eventually anyway so like :sweat_smile: I wouldn't take it as hint they are finna drop immediately but well they will probably exist inside this year

aand about the actual survey given its buyers survey they probably don't need my opinion though as I didn't buy these (for now anyway)

there were couple items i really love in each but I still feel kinda iffy about just getting b/b or cas items that don't actually change my gameplay in any way because i don't particularily want to bloat my game atm

also with carnival one I'm kinda disappointed how some of the full body outfits couldn't be top and bottom separately and thats another thing thats making me less interested in getting the kit cause like when all it has is clothes i don't see why they can't add the shirt and skirt separately so it would be way more versatile

and with maximalist kit i felt kinda iffy about getting same basic furnitures again like i don't need glass coffee table i have one kind of way

like meanwhile some items are wow i love that some of them are repetitive and then its like well theres already so few items so does the amount of new cool items really justify getting the kit and wouldn't it just be so nice if it all was new and cool
  • "kaiwrysims;c-18090041" wrote:
    "simmerorigin;c-18090023" wrote:
    I wrote about this somewhere else, but I honestly would prefer if kits were embedded inside expansion packs. The same way Sims 2 EPs had themed CAS and build buy content (medieval, groovy, European, art nouveau). Maybe it's counterintuitive because smaller purchases have less friction for the consumer, but I would prefer fewer larger packs of content with kits inside of them.

What do you mean by this? You mean raise the price of the ep with a kit with it? I don't really see the point of that? Or do you mean to just do themed items as the items that come with the pack? Because they kinda already do that. Like how get famous has mid century modern furniture and eco lifestyle has run down and upcycled furniture

I think the comment meant to embed the content from Kits in EP's, GP's, or SP's.
  • "catloverplayer;c-18089888" wrote:
    Very disappointing survey because it didn't ask how we thought they should improve kits.

Agree - selected the 'theme didn't appeal' to me option, but it didn't ask anything else. I didn't buy the Carnaval kit for the same reason - some of the stuff was cute, but none of the clothes were the sort my Sims would wear. (I might wear them, or the younger me might have worn them :p , but not my Sims). I've really liked some of the other kits (the country kitchen one and Bust the Dust). I'd be all over a medieval kit (as suggested in another thread). It doesn't ask why. (Both kits were entirely too loud and modern for my gameplay style.)
    SheriSim
    Rising Hotshot
    Maybe they are trying to see whether people are wanting more CAS or Build/Buy, but it seems like they could just look at sales for them. Maybe they are trying to see how many people who buy the kits are actually taking the surveys.