catloverplayer
Seasoned Ace
7 years ago

No cheat to unlock locked portions on the Selvadarado Map confirmed

https://twitter.com/catloverplayer/status/969720394587557888

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/969755156165177344

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGeorge/status/969755311379640321
  • "jackjack_k;c-16356841" wrote:
    It would defeat the whole purpose of the pack if we could just fast travel to any area.

Some people are just natural born cheaters, I guess! They HAVE TO have a way to get around (or thru) a game with zero effort.

What's the point of even playing a game, when you're gonna just cheat all the way thru? I cheat at times (money and/or skill cheats mainly), but not to the extent of wanting zero surprises in my game! If I haven't found a hidden location, I don't use cheats to ruin it for me.

To be honest, I've only discovered Forgotten Grotto about a week ago (as of this posting). But to me, it's like going up to the attic and finding (rediscovering?) stuff that was there all along, but you didn't know about... :astonished:

Save SOME surprises, so you're not bored with the game!
  • "jackjack_k;c-16356841" wrote:
    It would defeat the whole purpose of the pack if we could just fast travel to any area.

Agree. I don't see the point of cheating through the areas.
  • Problem is is some of these locations won't unlock till the 3rd or 4th time you go back on vacation. Also cheating is sometimes necessary for machinaba and storytellers.

I'm betting a modder will add a cheat to unlock locations.
  • In a single player game, I have no issue with cheat codes -- people play games in all different types of ways. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right and someone unlocks the cheat codes the devs used via mod fairly soon.
  • "catloverplayer;c-16357467" wrote:
    Problem is is some of these locations won't unlock till the 3rd or 4th time you go back on vacation. Also cheating is sometimes necessary for machinaba and storytellers.

That's a bonus in my opinion. Gives you an incentive to return. I really don't need that incentive because I'll be taking my sims regularly. I plan on putting a restaurant there with only the native foods available. On second thought are restaurants possible?
  • "catloverplayer;c-16357467" wrote:
    Problem is is some of these locations won't unlock till the 3rd or 4th time you go back on vacation. Also cheating is sometimes necessary for machinaba and storytellers.

I'm okay with them not unlocking on the first or second trip. Or the 3rd or 4th. That's not a problem for me. I'm not a goal-oriented simmer and never have been. I am an explorer simmer. I like to take my time with features and what the game offers. I don't need to be the first to complete anything. I'm just wanting to have fun playing my game.