Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Nominated for award?

My sim has starred in a bunch of movies, is level 10 in acting career and a global superstar. But how do I get her nominated for an award?
Is there something special I need to do?
  • "stehlampe;c-16858304" wrote:
    My Sim was nominated twice. Once for a video she uploaded and the second time for her role in a movie. She got a note from her agency that she got nominated. You have to go to the BPB Lounge for the Starlight Accolades (Starts every Sunday around 6 pm). There will be a random sim who announces the winners. If you won, you have to click on the microphone and accept the price. Your sim will hold a short speech. Then you have the award in your household inventory.

Thank you for for that information -- I didn't know that you have to make your sim accept the award. My sim has received two awards so far. Each time, the notice said that the award would appear in her household inventory, but when I checked there was nothing there and it did not tick the box to fulfil her aspiration goal, either. So that probably explains it.

Incidentally, I have not always received a notice that my sims has been nominated for an award. The first time she received one, I did get a notification. The second time, I just decided to send her to the Starlight Accolades in any case and, to my surprise, she received an award (I'm not sure if this is a glitch, or what).
  • The first time my sim got a nomination he didn't win. He's been getting gold performances for a couple sim weeks and no nominations, so I took your advice and just sent him to the awards ceremony anyway. I sent him to sit with his group at the chairs and the announcement was made that he won an acting award! He automatically walked up to the mic and accepted, thank you very much :)
  • My Sim got nominated but the message said to watch tv or something... so confusing... so I missed it. I sent her two weeks later and she still won.
  • I've been playing and switching between different actors and have yet to get an award even with going to the ceremony for weeks on end. Thanks for the tips guys!
  • "sims4er24;c-16859589" wrote:
    Thank you all for your help on the awards ceremony. But have any of you noticed your sim agreeing to go to a venue with another sim, and the sims going to a completely different venue (example a Lounge Instead of a nightclub or a different Restaurant Instead of the one requested by the sim who called your sim for a meet up?
    Thanks once again for your kind responses

Hello sims4er24
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue. You may like to post feedback there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPC-invites-occur-on-wrong-lot/m-p/7173217#M75918
  • "Iyasenu;c-16857923" wrote:
    I think a "nomination" is actually a guarantee of being able to receive a reward, and if you don't get a reward at one Starlight Accolade, just keep going to them until you get called up.

As I had gotten a nomination, but for three Starlight Accolades in a row they hadn't been called up.
    But the fourth time I went, their name was called and they got their award, even though the only nomination they'd gotten was the one four weeks prior.

I also tested earlier, but you can receive a nomination, save before the accolades and keep reloading the save until your Sim gets called up.
    It sure beats waiting week after week.

I've been playing my actor sim for over a sim-year. He's been nominated and has NEVER won an award. I'm debating on uninstalling the pack rather than starting over for a fourth time with the save.