Forum Discussion

catloverplayer
Seasoned Ace
13 hours ago

October Patch Speculation Thread 2024

I wasn't going to do another of these till November cause we only get an update every two months now but it just dawned on me we have an Expansion coming out on Oct 31st so we  should be getting a free Pre EP  Life and Death Update on October 29th.

What features do you think we ll get from Life and Death to the base game? I think dying in bed will be one of those and possibly Ghost in cas if it's coming in the EP.

I'm also hoping to see somemore Lovestruck Bugs fixes and For Rent bug fixes as well.

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

The blog talks about improved ghosts. I hope some of those changes will be patched into the base game. Creating a new ghost in CAS is long overdue. At the same time I hope these changes won't result in new bugs.

Perhaps the graveyard lot type could become base game, just like wedding locations are base game. The gameplay attached is obviously only available with the EP but the location itself is available for everyone. It would give simmers a place for their deceased.

Also an update during the grim reaper event. I hope it goes well and doesn't mess up the event. At the bottom line I mainly hope this patch is stable and doesn't mess up people's games. 

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Hotshot

I agree, a graveyard lot should be base game. It was an option in the earlier versions. But you HAD to have somewhere to send your deceased Sims, as deleting them would BORK your game. Will this new addition do the same? It was one of the biggest misgivings I had about them adding more death to the game, as the ABILITY to delete a Sims without borking your game was a BIG attraction to the newest version of the game. 

The one thing I hope they fix is the ability to fish in Sulani. That has messed up a couple of my Sims lives, I will say! 

Le_Slacker
    Seasoned Veteran

I sure as hell wish nothing from the **bleep** death pack is forced on the base game. I dont want to have to find mods to avoid changes to the base i do not wish to have in my game. Its just time lost, interest lost, fun lost of the game.

• I think the elder death we saw in the trailer, dying in bed, will be added to the base game. It's not mentioned in any of the notes on the expansion packs itself.

• I think maybe something funeral-related might make its way into the BG? A bit like how we have the option for a BG wedding or MWS wedding, perhaps there’ll be a basic funeral option available to people who don’t buy the pack?