Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

Oi - surprise household cash balance

What do you do when entering a house you did not play in a few RL months, just to find their cash balance is §100.000 rather than the §10.000 you expected?

I try to figure what is wrong in this house, but I have not found any reason for the massive cash yet. No idea what can have caused it!

They generally don't get money as inheriting relatives, or is there any new and hidden feature? I have no story mods, btw.

Only one of them have a job, but my experience is they don't make money from a job unless the household is actively played.Anyway, being a Critic level 1 should not bring in §90.000 over night...

They could have won a lottery, but there is only one lottery prize right? If the won §1000.000, then irt means that §900.000 is missing, and that would be even harder to explain...

Any ideas why they have all those money?
  • "JC1979;c-17408117" wrote:
    Are they retired?

Yes, 2 or 3 of the are retired, but do retired sims cash in money while not being played? Hm, weird, but thing is that the Butler will charge you when house is not played so nothing is too weird, actually...

Btw, I asked if sims can inherit others, but I must add that no sims died in my safe for a very long time.
  • Do any of your Sims have one of the aspiration traits that give them money. My current family get's like 35k every week from doing one of the fortune aspirations.
  • "Simmerville;c-17454606" wrote:
    "beadierturtle;c-17454570" wrote:
    Check the basement for a drug lab.

Haha. They must be doing something down there :)

Maybe they collect and sell stuff. I once returned to a household to find the lot littered with plants everywhere that I did not help to plant.
  • This case is still a mystery! I play on rotation, and I don't like that households cash change a lot when I'm not actively playing them. Normally the cash balance is more or less the exact sum it was when I left them. But this house has made more than §100.000 when not being played.

I suspect there are some features in this game that are running even if a house is not played. I previously had to fire all butlers because they kept charging their fee for all days I had played other houses. I play 56 days per rotation, so returning to butler bills covering 56 days is quite massive.

The household in question, is a retirement home, meaning 3 lodgers are seniors. Not all of them had a job earlier, but 2 of them might get pensions (wish the game could give us info on retired sims, like TS2 and TS3 did). Are pensions being paid on all the 55 days I'm not playing this house? I have retired elders in other houses, but never noticed a bigger change in cash, which should be even bigger if the sim had a well paid job.

Re traits, they are:
    Squeamish, Foodie, Kleptomaniac.
    Loner, Geek, Genius, Waterproof Sim.
    Loner, Hot-headed, Snob, Observant.
    The house keeper: Hot-headed, Family-oriented, Art lover.

None of them has fulfilled aspiration etc.

Btw: Lot traits are Good schools and Haunted. (hm, why on Earth did I pick good schools for a retirement home, suppose they are not having kids... Must be old)

Is it the Kleptomaniac? Can she steal money or sell stiff she steals without me playing the lot? I thought they only added objects to inventories, which should not affect their cash.

Anyone who can add more knowledge to this mystery?
  • "AnnLee87;c-17408765" wrote:
    Do any of your Sims have one of the aspiration traits that give them money. My current family get's like 35k every week from doing one of the fortune aspirations.

Hi! Not sure what traits give money, but I posted the traits above. Nobody have the Business/Fortune trait "Shrewd". Wow, 35k per week sounds awesome. I've been "away" from this house for 8 weeks, but the last year (rotation of 8 weeks) I think they only added §25.000 (if the amounts in my first post are accurate.
  • "beadierturtle;c-17454570" wrote:

• "crocobaura;c-17454616" wrote:
    "Simmerville;c-17454606" wrote:
    "beadierturtle;c-17454570" wrote:

Maybe they collect and sell stuff. I once returned to a household to find the lot littered with plants everywhere that I did not help to plant.

Wow, I never had anything like that happen! My sims don't do much while I'm not watching. But then I don't have story progression mods etc either. I prefer to be in control, LOL
  • I have not played this lot since I started this thread, and today their cash balance is up to nearly §150.000. That's well done considering none of them having a job (except one o them, she is a Critic level 1). I think I know what's going on.

These elders must be receiving their pension check even on days when the household is not actively played. I take 56 simdays to play through one rotation, and because I have more than 56 houses to play, I play each household on every other rotation. This means I stop by this house, play them for a day or two, then play other houses for about 56*2 simdays. I don't find any way to see who receives a pension check or how big it is, but say 3 elders receive half their wage 5 days a week for 2 sim years, that should easily build more than §1000 per simday.

I had this same problem with the butlers. They charged for days the lot had not been actively played, meaning when I returned to the house, they presented a sky rocking bill + the cash was often 0 because they had charged for as long as thee were cash. I had to fire all butlers, which is rather stupid as they were the only reason I bought that pack.

So - are both butlers charging and pension checks being payed out while a household is not actively played?

I can't see any other reason. There's no specific traits (only normal traits + Waterproof and Observant).

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 50 minutes ago