Forum Discussion

3 years ago

One Account - Two Computers

I did a search for this before I decided to post this, so:

Can you have the game on 2 computers under one account? I don't mean play on both computers at the same time, I have them in different parts of the house, just play on one computer at a time. . . . . And, will all your saves be on both computers or just what you play on each separately? :#
  • I have my account on both our computers. Your saves do not generate over so I use a USB stick to transfer my save if it's one I want to play on both PC's, but I have different games going on mine. The only thing I have to do is when going back and forth between the PC's is that I have to log in to origin again. It doesn't keep you logged in on more than one PC, at least not to my knowledge.
  • You could probably have just one save if you network your computers.
  • I used to do that when I was using a desktop for my main gameplay. If I was planning on traveling I'd copy my save to a USB and transfer to my laptop game.
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    "JestTru;c-18136054" wrote:
    The only thing I have to do is when going back and forth between the PC's is that I have to log in to origin again. It doesn't keep you logged in on more than one PC, at least not to my knowledge.

That's strange cos I never had that problem. I used to stay logged in on both our upstairs and downstairs computers.

Instead of a USB to transfer my game saves I would copy my save to Dropbox and then just download it on the other computer. I don't do it any more though, I found it too much hassle lol. So I just play upstairs all the time.
  • Yes. I very recently put a copy of my latest game save into my laptop, so that when I accompanied my hubby on a Business trip, which left me, primarily alone in the hotel room while he was at 'work', I could play my game. I was in MA when Erik and Kayleigh were married. I had to repeat the ceremony numerous times before I got a clue as to how to make it all work. Well, sort of, anyway. I ended up doing it all over one. more. time. After I got home again. One reason was the dress Kayleigh wore didn't photo very well. It looked yellowish instead of the stark white it actually is. Plus, the veil I found for her to wear was also looking strange. I'm guessing the video card in the laptop isn't quite up to par. Things were better on the gaming rig.

I also played my game on the laptop four years ago when we first brought out Beagle puppies home. Housebreaking is hard. And I refused to allow the pups, who couldn't, as yet climb the stairs, to do their 'business' on my carpeting. The main floor is Slate.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,032 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago