Forum Discussion

Almaedia
New Rookie
2 months ago

Pack Idea - Sports

Just brainstorming an idea that i’m sure lots of people have had. I would love to see a pack that added a bunch of new sports and allowed for games/matches. We have a lot of sports items but there isn’t a way to really play sports. I personally would love to see soccer but there are so many options so I will just generalize.

I know that we already have an athlete career but I think it would be fun to develop that further so that it branches into the sport that the sim plays. There could also be a fame aspect to the career where the better you get the more fame you receive. A coaching career would also probably be an option.

It would be fun to create your own teams, uniforms, mascot, logo and colors. The teams could act like groups/clubs, there could be rivals and sims could choose to be a fan of a team. Teams can be large so I think it would be okay if there were a bunch of preset players that you can’t change but could select to be on your team (These players wouldn’t be sims I think they would be more like objects). There could also be a few unchangeable preset teams for each sport that you could play against (these teams would probably just be a roster and a logo). I’m not trying to recreate fifa in the sims but I think this could be done while still keeping  things somewhat simple. Teams would be ranked depending on how they do in games, the preset teams would have a skillset and level that would not change while custom teams would have a skill level depending on the players chosen and that could increase as your sim got better. The skillsets and level of teams would determine the outcome of games as well as some random factors. Skillsets should probably remain simple so maybe there are 3 factors that are skills each athlete has, like endurance, strategy, and attack/tackle.

I’m not sure what a game/match would look like but for the sake of simplicity I imagine your sim would show up at the stadium or field - warm up a bit and when the game starts the players are dots on the field (your sim is highlighted) and then you watch the dots move around and you get a play-by-play from a broadcast screen type thing? I’m not sure how to put it into words but there’s a vision 😅

For individual sports there could also be preset players for competition. I think matches would be about the same as a team sport, players skill levels would determine how they do.

Additionally there could also be a new world where there was a stadium (could be like real life where the field changes depending on the sport). Sports bars and little league could also be fun additions. Neighborhoods might be divided by sport or team? By sport could be a neighborhood with an outdoor stadium (like soccer or football) and sports bar, a neighborhood with an indoor stadium (like basketball or hockey) maybe in a more urban area, and a neighborhood with a track that is more residential, there could also be a neighborhood for all the rich athletes. If the map was divided by team i think it would be something like Brtitechester where there are two sides and a middle ground. The middle ground would be hold one athletic facility and some generic lots, and then each side would get a stadium either indoor or outdoor that would be their home games. 

Apologies that this is all over the place 🥲

• I have had a Sim in my Sim family who ended up playing Soccer professionally. It would be rather fun, for his family to actually go see him playing a game. Also, to add this career, there could be branches beyond coaching. Many a star who 'retires' from whatever sport they played are recruited to be Commentators for TV sports, generally in their specific sport.  This could be a lot of fun.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,035 PostsLatest Activity: 21 minutes ago