Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
2 years ago

Patch tech requirements?

Just curious, will the tech rec for patches build to follow the coming pack they prepare the game for?

I'm not on Win10, which is required for Horse Ranch. Would that mean I better not install the new patch?
  • Generally a patch shouldn't tank performance but there's always a possibility and I believe it has happened. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing since every computer is different and they don't always update requirements for every patch/pack. Sometimes a single patch can tank FPS on any computer.

While this prepatch does add the necessary coding for the new EP, it doesn't act as if you've installed it already. The coding just sits there ready for the pack.

Windows 10/11 requirement is mostly because older Windows is no longer supported by Microsoft. Not that it won't work whatsoever with Windows 7.
  • "SimplyJen;c-18291330" wrote:
    Generally a patch shouldn't tank performance but there's always a possibility and I believe it has happened. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing since every computer is different and they don't always update requirements for every patch/pack. Sometimes a single patch can tank FPS on any computer.

While this prepatch does add the necessary coding for the new EP, it doesn't act as if you've installed it already. The coding just sits there ready for the pack.

Windows 10/11 requirement is mostly because older Windows is no longer supported by Microsoft. Not that it won't work whatsoever with Windows 7.

Thanks! Then I won't worry as much about this, and I really want the ceilings and CAS extras anyway :) They can't be that heavy on the system, and hopefully the "backstage" changes we can't see won't have a big impact either with the patch alone.