Forum Discussion

pinneduphair
New Spectator
7 years ago

Patchy left?

Patchy just up and left, the same way a sim would would when they go to work. Several days have passed in game and he hasn't returned. Not really sure if this is a glitch or just something that happens.
  • My Patchy was hanging out with my family when a fire broke out. Even after the fire was put out, he didn't go back to his post until I exited and reloaded. He stayed that way for about 2 days, or however long it was from the time the fire went out to the time I exited the game. He's super handy to have around. I had 3 babies and 3 toddlers and having an extra pair of hands was a real bonus.

I've never had him not return at all. I have one in another save too and sometimes it will take a few days for him to visit again but in the household with all the kids, he visits every day.
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    Maybe Patchy went for some soul searching. So one day he too can be a real sim one day.

Though that probably is a glitch. I couldn't find mines one day though he was shoveling snow outside the lot for some reason haha. You might have to replace your patchy if he doesn't come back.

Also have you checked to see if he's not under manage households just in case?
  • I'm picturing Patchy leaving home with his belongings in a bundle attached to a wooden pole like you see in cartoons, lol.
  • My patchy just completely disappeared along with his post, I guess he was too cold in the snow and my sims weren't giving him attention. :D
  • "kittymeow;c-16568820" wrote:
    My patchy just completely disappeared along with his post, I guess he was too cold in the snow and my sims weren't giving him attention. :D

Ah, in my case the post is still there. Maybe he does leave if you don't interact with him enough when he "comes to life"? I guess he doesn't like doing a bunch of chores out of the kindness of his heart, and not getting a single thank you. :D
  • "horseygirl24;d-943005" wrote:
    Patchy just up and left, the same way a sim would would when they go to work. Several days have passed in game and he hasn't returned. Not really sure if this is a glitch or just something that happens.

Mine got up randomly and entered the house, had a mini dance sesh with one of the toddlers, and then went right back to his post. It cracked me up! Not sure if him leaving altogether is a glitch or one of his many moves.
  • "Finvola;c-16568580" wrote:
    My Patchy was hanging out with my family when a fire broke out. Even after the fire was put out, he didn't go back to his post until I exited and reloaded. He stayed that way for about 2 days, or however long it was from the time the fire went out to the time I exited the game. He's super handy to have around. I had 3 babies and 3 toddlers and having an extra pair of hands was a real bonus.

I've never had him not return at all. I have one in another save too and sometimes it will take a few days for him to visit again but in the household with all the kids, he visits every day.

It's not that he isn't coming off the tree. He left the lot entirely and has not come back. It was during a blizzard, so that may be a factor, if it's not a glitch.
  • "LadyKyn;c-16568628" wrote:
    Maybe Patchy went for some soul searching. So one day he too can be a real sim one day.

Though that probably is a glitch. I couldn't find mines one day though he was shoveling snow outside the lot for some reason haha. You might have to replace your patchy if he doesn't come back.

Also have you checked to see if he's not under manage households just in case?

Haha, perhaps he did want to see the world. Checking manage households is a good idea, will do that.

Edit: he was not in the households.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,030 PostsLatest Activity: 34 seconds ago