Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Playing offline is impossible

I was going to wait until I got Cottage Living before updating the patch. That’s just not possible. Once again I’ve had to go online.

Tonight I was playing my game, it was laggy. My Sim just stayed where they were. This happens only when I’ve played offline for a week. It’s like I have to log in nearly everyday. Tonight it said my password had expired. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
There’s no option on Sims 4 to ‘play and update later’. Once Origin is sorted, I’ve had to patch Sims 4 if I want to play it again. 😩😩😩.
Is there a timer that knows how long you’re offline?
My antivirus tells me the number of days I have been offline.

I really didn’t want to update now as it’s another big patch including the calendar I didn’t ask for. 😩😩😩.

Sorry for ranting it’s just so annoying when I lose an evening’s play because of technical issues. 😭😭😭😭. I use the Sims to distract and it’s difficult when I can’t.

Please could we have the ability to play offline indefinitely and just update when desired! 🙏🙏🙏
  • Patches are not required unless you need new features/bug fixes. I haven't updated TS4 in many months (not for several packs worth of releases, at least). I am still able to restart and patch Origin without updating specific games. The key is to go offline again beforerestarting TS4.

As for your game slowdowns, perhaps your computer could use a fresh restart? Sometimes, that works wonders.

Good luck. :smile:
  • I keep my game up to date, but I do play offline a fair bit and I do not have a problem. At least not like that. I doubt it has anything to do with being online or not since I assume you have the online features turned off in game anyway.
  • "Cynna;c-17962722" wrote:
    Patches are not required unless you need new features/bug fixes. I haven't updated TS4 in many months (not for several packs worth of releases, at least). I am still able to restart and patch Origin without updating specific games. The key is to go offline again beforerestarting TS4.

As for your game slowdowns, perhaps your computer could use a fresh restart? Sometimes, that works wonders.

Good luck. :smile:

Thanks! ?

I do launch TS4 as I thought you had be online then select offline. Right I’ll make a note not to do that! ?.

Once I updated everything is back up and running.
    Meltdown 42 managed! ??‍♂️?.

OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    One of my TS4 installations is played exclusively off line with no issues other than those of its patch level (University). I use the simple method of unplugging the internet cable.
  • "ncisGibbs02;c-17962847" wrote:

Thanks! ?

I do launch TS4 as I thought you had be online then select offline. Right I’ll make a note not to do that! ?.

Once I updated everything is back up and running.
    Meltdown 42 managed! ??‍♂️?.

I'm glad that you're up and running. :)
  • My internet was completely down and Origin wouldn't even let me in to play. I have to be online to log in.
  • "Gamer_34567544;c-17966806" wrote:
    My internet was completely down and Origin wouldn't even let me in to play. I have to be online to log in.

I learned something over the years: when it comes to digital media, I'm always logged on. For example, Steam is always running in the background on my PC. That way, if I lose internet service, I still have access to the software that I paid for. I also don't save anything to the "cloud". If I can't download something to my drives in its entirety, I'm not interested.

I prefer the good old days of physical media. Can you tell? ;)

OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Cynna;c-17967252" wrote:
    "Gamer_34567544;c-17966806" wrote:
    My internet was completely down and Origin wouldn't even let me in to play. I have to be online to log in.

I learned something over the years: when it comes to digital media, I'm always logged on. For example, Steam is always running in the background on my PC. That way, if I lose internet service, I still have access to the software that I paid for. I also don't save anything to the "cloud". If I can't download something to my drives in its entirety, I'm not interested.

I prefer the good old days of physical media. Can you tell? ;)

Yes, and am the same way. I even prefer real books over e-books
  • "Oldeseadogge;c-17963015" wrote:
    One of my TS4 installations is played exclusively off line with no issues other than those of its patch level (University). I use the simple method of unplugging the internet cable.

I couldn’t imagine playing offline regularly. You can’t upload or download from the gallery.

Unplugging the cable fills me with dread. No Internet?! ??

OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    "ncisGibbs02;c-17963155" wrote:
    "Oldeseadogge;c-17963015" wrote:

I couldn’t imagine playing offline regularly. You can’t upload or download from the gallery.

Unplugging the cable fills me with dread. No Internet?! ??

Only when playing that particular TS4 installation or TS2 UC. For me the internet is only a tool for use when needed.