Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Please fix the stair railings.

Exhibit A:

https://i.imgur.com/igcu3fT.png

https://i.imgur.com/RjTZwmq.png

Why?

After four years, why is this still happening? The railings that came with JA are the worst offenders yet!

May we please have the option to choose the configuration of the railings again? If players were given that option, unsightly situations -- like the ones above -- wouldn't happen in the first place. Also, it would be possible to add windows to the staircases without the unwanted and unnecessary railing ruining the effect.

On a related note: forcing two railings at all times seems like a wasteful practice. Doesn't it use up unnecessary resources to keep rendering something that isn't required?

Whatever the case, please consider fixing this. The banisters are too wide! This series used to be about attention to detail and allowing the player to be as creative as possible. In this version, that creativity is constantly stifled.

• Completely agree and this bothers me as well! Why can't we just place railings seperately, like in TS3? How come such a simple basic feature is being overlooked in TS4?
  • I agree - this is just unacceptable. I wish we had the option to place as many - or as few - railings as we want, instead of the game always trying to do our thinking for us. There are times when I only want one railing and there are other times when I would like to place a third railing down the middle of a very wide staircase - why can't I choose what I want?.
  • Exactly @FKM100

The mission statement of this game seems to be: remove player choice as often as possible, frustrate and confound as often as possible.
  • Second to this! Please let us put railing as we see fit instead of this all-on-or-all-off option.
  • "Cynna;c-16466730" wrote:
    Yeah. I just don't understand how stuff like this makes it past QA.

"That'll do."
  • "Bluefairy286;c-16470172" wrote:
    "Cynna;c-16466730" wrote:
    Yeah. I just don't understand how stuff like this makes it past QA.

"That'll do."

Pretty much.

Thanks for the tag @ehaught58 It would be nice if someone could put the power of choice back into the hands of the player.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 14 seconds ago