Forum Discussion

Stardust1488
New Novice
2 years ago

Plum Tree App is shutting down?

I just went to the Plum Tree App to update my legacy family and realized it has a notice that they're shutting down on the top of the page. I'm not sure how many people use it but I use it to keep up to date with my Legacy families and I am sad to see it's shutting down

I hope maybe someone will take it over for them
    Brd709
    Seasoned Veteran
    "kerryemmiebeth;c-18309196" wrote:
    I was so sad to see that Plumtree was closing. I use it all the time as I like to record the traits, aspirations etc my sims have as well as writing a bit about them. I have started to put the information from my biggest family tree (my Legacy family) into an app I found called "My Family Tree". I've just put in everyone up to generation 3 but I am on generation 6 so I still have a way to go yet. I can fit the information I want into it but it will never replace Plumtree. I hope something can be worked out to save it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53180747400_a09a1f1d38_o.pngMy Family Tree App by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

Is this app available to download? I couldn't find it just now.
  • > @MadameLee said:
    > I have too many family trees (26) which are all interrelated and I'm having issues with downloading more then one. and I can't make new family trees else where because the majority of the sims from Gen 1-5 are deceased, ex-sims, have been bereft of life of life and it also means they got culled a long time ago depending on which generation they're. I don't think there's an option to import family trees from other places into Family Eco or anything. And I just about to write Swanson Chapter 7.14 for the first time in over 2+ years.
    >
    > I can't even download any of my 26 family trees from the site. I was able to download 2 but now I can't anymore every time I try it says "something gone wrong with my download"

I know this post is a few months old, but I thought I'd mention some things that helped me so that people can find it before December 1st. So, I have good news if you happen to use mods. MC Command Center has a module to extract family trees (MC gedcom) from the game itself and Family Echo happens to be able to read those files. It doesn't add everything in, but it was a HUGE help when I was getting started migrating my information over to create my giant, interconnected, messy 100 Baby Challenge family tree. Don't get me wrong, I had to do a ton of editing and add all the sims that were culled, but it was definitely helpful getting set up.

As far as downloading, I haven't had any issues even with trees that were linked in a billion ways. The creator did mention sending an email if you are having trouble, though, so maybe take a look at the website for the email link?
  • "candystorm;c-18331462" wrote:
    I'm sticking with the My Family Tree app. I have added 888(!) Sims to it from my 15 generations. I love it so far.

https://i.ibb.co/gw8rdC5/myfamilytree.png

@candystorm That's the Microsoft App, correct? Can you show the tree online similar to PlumTree App could or is there a roundabout way you have to do it?
    blueybluesky
    Seasoned Vanguard
    @Ersa_Middleton Thanks for the heads up on the turning taking priority over marriage.

I've also started putting my tree into SLH and noticed that they have slightly increased the amount of sims in each tree and how many trees you can have with the subscription options to what they originally had.
    https://i.imgur.com/4YHnhtB.png
  • Okay update from the creator: according to the creators of the Legacy app Premium has now 10 trees but 750 sims per tree.
  • I wish I had known they were shutting down. I had my legacy family tree on there with detailed info on every sim. I hadn't played in a while, so I hadn't visited the site until now. I lost everything.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,102 PostsLatest Activity: 51 minutes ago