Forum Discussion

CaprianaB
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

Point of alien disguises?

I play one adult and and 4 alien children/toddlers and have never used the disguises, as I enjoy seeing them in their alien form.

Is there ever a time when a disguise would be required or preferable?
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Cinebar;c-17273138" wrote:
    "lisamwitt;c-17272925" wrote:
    What they said.
    I wish there was an option to delete the disguise like you can the vampire dark form. I don't use the dark form and I didn't use the alien disguise. I make my Sims the way I want them to look all the time.
    We should also be able to opt out of the whole alien discovery thing if we want to. I had a married couple with 100% relationship, two kids, never disguised my alien. And one day out of the blue her wife "discovered" she was an alien and divorced her. I haven't played with one since and won't unless I can disable that. Totally ruined a life state for me that used to be a favorite. They are the only reason I bought GTW too.

Interesting, I didn't know in all this time TS4 has story progression and can make your Sims get divorces. I know one of the mods does this but didn't think the game would. I wouldn't want that type of SP.

Unfortunately it can. She yelled at my Sim and told her how angry she was and divorced her, all on her own. I didn't know about the erase memory interaction then, because I rarely use mischief interactions, so I don't know if that would have fixed it. Maybe I'll try aliens again sometime... but I doubt it. Not as they are.
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Freechheit;c-17341353" wrote:
    "QueenMercy;c-17272966" wrote:
    "lisamwitt;c-17272925" wrote:
    What they said.
    I wish there was an option to delete the disguise like you can the vampire dark form. I don't use the dark form and I didn't use the alien disguise. I make my Sims the way I want them to look all the time.
    We should also be able to opt out of the whole alien discovery thing if we want to. I had a married couple with 100% relationship, two kids, never disguised my alien. And one day out of the blue her wife "discovered" she was an alien and divorced her. I haven't played with one since and won't unless I can disable that. Totally ruined a life state for me that used to be a favorite. They are the only reason I bought GTW too.

I agree. It’s especially annoying because since the Island Living pre-patch they always show as their disguise in the manage world/library.

This issue should be fixed with the latest patch. :smiley: @QueenMercy @SilentKitty

I am so happy!! Missed seeing all my aliens in household management. Ha ha, now I just have to update my mods and CC again but this is a patch worth updating for. Thanks for posting :)
    Kimmer_one
    Rising Traveler
    All my aliens are wearing their disguises in public. When they're at home alone or with their families (or alien friends) they change to their original alien form. Also if there's an alien night at the bar they will be on their alien form.
    The Sim on my avatar is also an alien and she's almost always on her disguise.
    Aliens wearing disguises suits on my play style, because I like to think that they don't want to reveal themselves to everyone. In my game it's much more interesting this way. So yes, there is a very big point of alien disguises.
  • My aliens will rarely ever use disguises in the public. We'd mostly see them wandering around in their alien form. I'd only use disguises for story's and such. :)
  • I like them just for the additional variety, but wish they mattered more. For example, people freaking out at aliens at least until / unless a played Sim gets to the end of the Scientist career and does some sort of 'declare aliens friendly' press conference or something.....