Forum Discussion

katandmari
New Spectator
5 years ago

power shut off due to squirrels?

How do I get my sim's power back on? she pays her bills. Got a random call from Malcolm saying that power would be shut off due to squirrels. I chose the wrong option, now my 100 baby challenge sim is 3rd trimester, with a 2 teens a child and toddler twins with no power. I've never seen this event b4. Totally sucks
  • I only just started playing again and had this happen too. My sim got the phone call and her power never came back on after 48 hours. I waited a whole week for it to come back. I got it to come back on by going into household management, then back to the household. But every time she left the lot again after that, the power was off again and I could only get it to come back on by exiting the household and going back into it. I think it's bugged. I ended up moving her into a house with someone else and everything was fine after that.

I also played another household that got this phone call but I answered differently (first option "Of Course") and the power stayed on. So until this bug is fixed I can only suggest answering the first option, otherwise the household will be stuck with no power indefinitely.
  • Happened to me too. Same as what @Finvola said basically. Power would only randomly come back on once in a while when traveled or went out and into the lot again. I just had my sim move to a penthouse and got it all fixed up so was not about to move him so I rage quit instead!
  • I was about to do that too and in a last ditch effort before rage quitting was just to move her in with a friend so I didn't have to start all over again. I hope this bug is addressed soon, but at least I know now from my other sim getting the phone call that answering the first option won't result in a power cut at all. But it's still not good enough, it needs to be fixed!
  • @finvola - yeah - thank you for that - I will remember to do that if it happens again. I do not remember what I answered - I guess not the right one!

There is a bug report where it is being discussed - I added to it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Power-shut-off-despite-paid-bills-shut-off-to-early/m-p/9227187/highlight/true#M141807
  • Every challenge I've played you can do stuff like move if the lot gets bugged, just cheat your money back down if you somehow end up with more after moving
  • oh great. I'll have to try moving her to another lot then and hope that works I can't move her into another sim's house as she is a challenge sim. what a hassle. I hope this is fixed soon
  • Kinda makes me wonder if we were supposed to get a new option for an exterminator or something. What a weird bug.
    keekee53
    New Spectator
    "troshalom;c-17626803" wrote:
    There are squirrels in the game?
    Is this an EL thing?

I was thinking the same thing. I have never received that message but I don’t have EL