Forum Discussion

Sheepiling
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Question about Milestones

For the Milestones, when you load an older save, will Sims have milestones that they've already accomplished in the past? Like, I've seen youtubers show sims fresh out of CAS that were made as married will already have the "Fell in Love" and "Got Married" milestones. Will sims that have already been made, loaded from an old save, that are already married have the milestone applied to them? Or do they miss out on it?
  • yeh they'll only get milestones for things that are demonstrably obvious when you load the old sim in... like, if they're married or engaged they'll have "got married" bc they're still married, but if they're currently single and they've had a divorce then they won't have the milestone for the marriage. (AFAIK)
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    "Amapola76;c-18246469" wrote:
    "Kita5399;c-18246245" wrote:
    They seem to, in my old save my Sim had made best friend, fell in love, first woohoo, got married, got job, got promotion, and had baby already. They don’t seem to get any of them from when they were younger though. I’ve also noticed that different Sims have different ones, for example one of my Sims had the first woohoo one, but his wife didn’t get that one for some reason.

Uh-oh. That sounds like quite a story prompt. :D

Ha ha, it’s funny because his oldest daughter isn’t hers, but the two younger ones are. These milestones could make for some fun stories though, I’ll have to check out other households.
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    They seem to, in my old save my Sim had made best friend, fell in love, first woohoo, got married, got job, got promotion, and had baby already. They don’t seem to get any of them from when they were younger though. I’ve also noticed that different Sims have different ones, for example one of my Sims had the first woohoo one, but his wife didn’t get that one for some reason.
  • I've not got this pack yet because I'll soon leave town for nearly a month and can't play anyway. But another thing that bothers me is the milestones. I have 600+ sims, and if the game keeps track on everyone's milestones, I am afraid it will cause lag, without me really gaining anything. If it makes my game unplayable (low end computer), it will not be worth it although I like the new world and the dynamics.

But - now that I read that "old" events will be listed as milestones it sounds like most of these details are already being handled "secretly" by the game. So maybe I should not worry so much for extra lag, after all...
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    "Kita5399;c-18246245" wrote:

Uh-oh. That sounds like quite a story prompt. :D
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    I finally returned to my regular save with updated mods. I noticed my sims have gained some milestones. But some of the milestones only seem to take the current situation into account. My supersim has been a vampire, a werewolf and a mermaid in the past and is now a spellcasters. She only gets the spellcasters milestone. Her boyfriend had a job but quit before I patched the game. He has no work related milestone because he is unemployed at the moment. The milestones don't remember past jobs.

Well at least they both got the milestone for their university degree.