Forum Discussion

serendipity38
New Spectator
2 years ago

Question about pre-ordering Growing Together

Could someone please tell me how that works? If I pre-order/buy it, will it automatically download into my game on the 16th?
It appears I can preorder/buy it via the EA App? And does anyone know WHY they forced us all to the EA App, getting rid of Origin completely, in the first place?

Ok, that WAS more than one question *LOL* But inquiring minds (mine, at least) want to know!
  • Here's some info on pre-ordering games on the EA App.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/ea/ea-app/pre-order-ea-games/

As for the EA App.

For over 10 years we’ve welcomed millions of players into our Origin platform, we’ve listened to your feedback and acknowledge the limitations of this platform in a quickly evolving entertainment landscape. So we set out to build EA’s next-generation PC game platform - a faster, more reliable, and more streamlined gaming experience - the best possible place for you to experience EA’s incredible games, services and content.

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-app
  • @simgirl1010 is the best. Reading the preorder information raised a new question, will this pack preload?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "LolaLuvsSims;c-18238922" wrote:
    @simgirl1010 is the best. Reading the preorder information raised a new question, will this pack preload?

If something can be pre-loaded, it tells you when.

Usually, only the base games can be pre-loaded, while DLC can be downloaded only after it releases.

"Serendipity38;c-18238930" wrote:
    @LolaLuvsSims I agree! And yes, I'd like to know that too? Like if I preorder it, then once the EP is "live", on the 16th, will it automatically be installed for my game or do I need to do something to install it into my game, myself?

In my experience, you do need to restart Origin/EA App, but it should begin automatically. Just check when the game releases and have it be downloaded if it doesn't automatically. The store page will also have the exact time when it releases (for me, it's Mar 16, 2023, 7:00 PM).
  • @LolaLuvsSims I agree! And yes, I'd like to know that too? Like if I preorder it, then once the EP is "live", on the 16th, will it automatically be installed for my game or do I need to do something to install it into my game, myself?