Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Rags To Riches Challenge Rules

So I am really considering doing the rags to riches challenge but like I may skip the beginning steps and get a house and start the challenge there cause I'm not sure if I have that much patients to start at the beginning, lol. But I have searched and can't find the complete list of rules that you have to do. Or is it just a wing it type thing?
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I usually start with a tiny house: bed, bathroom and basic kitchen (fridge-counter-micro). Mostly to shelter my sims from weather. I usually do the challenge the wing-it way. I may also mix it up with a Teen on the run challenge, maybe also add a younger sibling to make it more difficult. I do like to keep the rules simple, too many and I lose interest and/or can't keep track of it.

James Turner (Simsupply) on YouTube has some great videos for Rags challenges, got a lot of good ideas from him.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Do your own rules, make the start how you want it. Its your challenge. Keep it as simple or as complex as you want. Main thing is to have fun with it! :) Playing by other peoples rules didn't seem fun to me, so I adapted some of them into a ruleset that suited my playstyle better, while still making it quite challenging.
  • Here is one:
    https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/rags-to-riches-challenge/

There are probably more if you search: Rags To Riches Sims 4.
  • I will add that another way to end the rags-to-riches challenge is if they marry someone with any money. This is usually how mine end whenever I start this way. I don't specifically look for them to end that way but when they fall in love and marry, I combine the finances of the households. If you want to make it harder, you could avoid doing that. My approach is to treat that money like it exists so it goes with the new household.
  • Watching James Turner is the reason why I wanted to try out rags to riches but maybe skip a couple of steps. LOL but thanks for the tips though. :)

"Kathykins;c-17942397" wrote:
    I usually start with a tiny house: bed, bathroom and basic kitchen (fridge-counter-micro). Mostly to shelter my sims from weather. I usually do the challenge the wing-it way. I may also mix it up with a Teen on the run challenge, maybe also add a younger sibling to make it more difficult. I do like to keep the rules simple, too many and I lose interest and/or can't keep track of it.

James Turner (Simsupply) on YouTube has some great videos for Rags challenges, got a lot of good ideas from him.

• For base game the quick way is as a painter. The slow way is as a writer.