Forum Discussion

luciusstorm
Seasoned Veteran
2 years ago

Rampaging werewolves having a chat

I noticed something odd while playing today...

I had a pack of five rampaging werewolves, under the full moon, and they all just stood around chatting. I'd tell them to go somewhere furiously or to howl, and when they were done they'd immediately go back to chatting. Rory in full rampaging wolf mode, constantly lying about her career to her pack!

This was not what I expected. Is this normal?
  • Hi @luciusstorm , hope you are having fun with your weres :)

Were you playing all five or were they in a group with your played sim? I ask because a were who is full of fury but not yet rampaging can look very similar to one who is rampaging.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    @mightysprite, they're a blast.

All five were one household under my control. All had the Rampage! moodlet. I couldn't direct them to do any social interactions (only Snarl and Brawl) but autonomously they would immediately form a group conversation (and Rory would lie about her career).
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    Just 2 days ago my rampaging werewolf stopped to answer the phone. After the call she continued to rampage. A bit immersion breaking if you ask me, but nothing too serious. It is a little funny.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    "Atreya33;c-18300374" wrote:
    Just 2 days ago my rampaging werewolf stopped to answer the phone. After the call she continued to rampage. A bit immersion breaking if you ask me, but nothing too serious. It is a little funny.

Imagining what that call could have been like...

Howl, snarl, growl. Huh? Hang on guys, it's mine. Hello... yeah... what? I'm a little busy right now. Honey... honey, I'm rampaging. Yes, I'll remember to get milk. No, I won't eat anyone. Right. Honey... honey, I've got to go. Ok, sorry guys. Howl!
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    "mightysprite;c-18300323" wrote:
    While that is hilarious, it is probably a bug, maybe worth reporting.

I was afraid of that... still, it might be a weird mod interaction. I'll check on that before I report it as a bug. Thanks.
  • "luciusstorm;c-18300377" wrote:

Howl, snarl, growl. Huh? Hang on guys, it's mine. Hello... yeah... what? I'm a little busy right now. Honey... honey, I'm rampaging. Yes, I'll remember to get milk. No, I won't eat anyone. Right. Honey... honey, I've got to go. Ok, sorry guys. Howl!

LOL, sounds like pretty important call, after all. :D
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    Today my werewolf went on another rampage. This time no chatting, but she was definitely not planning on breaking her umbrella during the rampage
    https://i.imgur.com/zlWLGkE.png
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    I think I figured out the chatting thing... or at least the conditions that seem to have resulting in it. Autonomy was off and I had created a Group including all five before they rampaged. Taking the same group through the same full moon again, without the Group and with autonomy on resulted in more "rampagy" behavior and no chatting.

So, probably a bug but a minor enough one that I'm not worried about it.

Back to more weird and wild werewolf fun...

https://i.imgur.com/4OrxObe.png
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "luciusstorm;c-18301709" wrote:
    I think I figured out the chatting thing... or at least the conditions that seem to have resulting in it. Autonomy was off and I had created a Group including all five before they rampaged. Taking the same group through the same full moon again, without the Group and with autonomy on resulted in more "rampagy" behavior and no chatting.

So, probably a bug but a minor enough one that I'm not worried about it.

Back to more weird and wild werewolf fun...

https://i.imgur.com/4OrxObe.png

I agree, nothing to be worried about. But it sure can be funny. I guess that's the result of so many DLC released over the years. Get together clubs and umbrellas aren't considering werewolf rampages because those were added later.