Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Random ash piles?

I've noticed random ash piles around my sims house from time to time. there was even on on the counter. the options i get are "throw away" and "play in". what are these? i've had no fires and no one has died. and they seem pretty small. is this supposed to be "dirt" when a room gets messy? like how the sims look filthy if they need a shower?
  • "mikmaker;13385969" wrote:
    Are the trashcans overloaded? I'm just asking

It even happens with this Nano-Trashcan (which AFAIK is self-emptying/recycling) ... so I guess, it has nothign to do with this
  • These started popping up in my game as well. Except mine are all over my counters. I don't have any filth buildup either.
  • "
    "luthienrising;13385714" wrote:
    Huh. So that thing I read where if you put a rug just inside the door, they'll wipe their feet on it. (I can't believe I forgot that last time I played! I was going to put rugs all over!) I wonder if that would make a difference?

Heh, my Sims can't tell the inside from the outside of the door so, I'm not sure if this would help.

The piles look like this:

http://i60.tinypic.com/10gd7rs.jpg

It's been reported in the EA HQ bug report section: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Dirty-Game-Dust-Trash-Pile-Accumulation/m-p/4321126#M8618

I\'m having these now too...since my sim became a plant sim I've noticed it, but I've just started playing this family after a long time so it could've been happening for a while...
  • "Linnyxx17;d-819089" wrote:
    I've noticed random ash piles around my sims house from time to time. there was even on on the counter. the options i get are "throw away" and "play in". what are these? i've had no fires and no one has died. and they seem pretty small. is this supposed to be "dirt" when a room gets messy? like how the sims look filthy if they need a shower?

I love your Siggie. That is my favorite Disney movie of all time. I was six when it came out on the theater circuit. Yes, I got to see it at the movies!

As for the pile of ash I agree with Lutienrising, it's likely leftovers from a repair.