Forum Discussion

LolaLuvsSims
New Rookie
6 years ago

Random visits (solved)

Why do random sims just come to visit? They've never met my sims.

They don't come inside. It turns out they are vampires who just stand at the door.
  • @LolaLuvsSims only the developers that coded it can tell you the answer, but I imagine it is because your sims know your neighbors, they can call to invite them over. The devs probably coded in others to visit so your Sims get the chance to meet new, other people too. Though honestly, it doesn't happen in my game hardly at all. Only one specific sim who is a stranger ever randomly visits my Sim household (and I don't bother having them answer the door.)
  • This was a big feature back when the game was first released long before lot traits. It stopped sometime after GTW or GT, seems it has returned but I do believe this is by design. There were hundreds of complaints about Sims just barging in, but to the best of my knowledge this is how the base game played for a few years or until GT then they didn't visit as much.
  • Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPCs-coming-into-apartments-houses-uninvited/m-p/6413904#M50355
  • "LolaLuvsSims;c-16851083" wrote:
    It seems like they are vampires. I can't say that was true for every one of them but the last few were vamps. They just knock and stand there.

Yeah, vampires will do that. Having garlic in your lot helps keep them away.
  • "treece01;c-16851086" wrote:
    "LolaLuvsSims;c-16851083" wrote:
    It seems like they are vampires. I can't say that was true for every one of them but the last few were vamps. They just knock and stand there.

Yeah, vampires will do that. Having garlic in your lot helps keep them away.

I used to use a mod stopping vamps from randomly spawning.
    kinsaray
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I don't have Vampires but in my game friends of sims just becoming famous will start barging in too, trying to chat you up.
  • lock the door and wait for them to go away, that's how i deal with it. then again, i dont get random visits very often