Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Randomly Mortified?

Okay, like . . . wat?

One of my sim teens randomly came home from school with a +50 Embarrassed moodlet called 'Stop Looking At Me!' He didn't have any chance cards while at school, so didn't get the emotion that way. He wasn't in any sort of phase either. And seriously, ONE moodlet that's +50? Just that one moodlet had him at Mortified (which is the deadly range). My sim almost died for no reason at all? XD Has this ever happened to anyone else? Bug, or working as intended?
    Reddestiny921
    Seasoned Vanguard
    That's from parenthood I believe it was already patched since it's part of mood swings so teens don't drop dead from it, one of my teens had it I just let her write in her journal calmed down quick enough.
  • I've heard that if they have the +50 moodlet when they age up to young adult they can die, so be careful about when you age up too!
  • Teens can also become Enraged at school as well not sure if Hysterical is also one that can happen I've never run into it personally. The first time I had it happened I panicked and sent my sim to the mirror to calm down. Now I just let them hide it out or calm down for a bit but let them just stumble around in their moodswingy glory lol.

But yeah as @Strangerthan has said if you have a teen who is about to age up in one of these extreme moods make sure that mood is cleared before they age up because if they're still in that mood when they hit YA they can and will die instantly.
  • @RedDestiny92 - Ah, lol, I panicked and made him shotgun a Mood Manager potion lol
    Reddestiny921
    Seasoned Vanguard
    it's okay I understand when parenthood first came out I think I remember some saying they lost teens to that so it should be fine if you let them calm down though the potions work too :smiley:
  • @kalaksed - Okies, ty for the info guys! Never had that pop up in any of my games before (oddly enough) and this is a 10-Gen Legacy so it freaked me out, thinking I was about to lose one of my heirs lol
  • "3KNPen;c-16585891" wrote:
    Teens can also become Enraged at school as well not sure if Hysterical is also one that can happen I've never run into it personally. The first time I had it happened I panicked and sent my sim to the mirror to calm down. Now I just let them hide it out or calm down for a bit but let them just stumble around in their moodswingy glory lol.

But yeah as @Strangerthan has said if you have a teen who is about to age up in one of these extreme moods make sure that mood is cleared before they age up because if they're still in that mood when they hit YA they can and will die instantly.

Yes, I rather like these teen moodswings. If the moodlet were less powerful, it would get overridden by laundry :smile: I always have my kids and teens do something active - monkeybars for the kids, yoga or treadmill for the teens - when they get home from school, and that usually helps to calm them. Some of the interactions, though, are fun - I love the 'hide in bed', and the different walk styles are hilarious. (Also, if they talk to the mirror, they will sound 'angry' or 'sad'.)