Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Realm of Magic Portals Q&A

Is it possible to use the debug menu portals in a Glimmerbrook residential build? I thought casters would also have these items on there home lots to travel between floors. My house is antique and odd. :)
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    "yagwit;d-973628" wrote:
    Is it possible to use the debug menu portals in a Glimmerbrook residential build? I thought casters would also have these items on there home lots to travel between floors. My house is antique and odd. :)

I believe they do work on residential lots. I haven't tried them out yet, but I remember the devs saying that they should work. I think they have to be used in twos, so if you put three, one of them won't work, it needs the fourth.
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    The portals work in pairs. In the description of the portal you can see which ones are a set. There are 3 sets available. I have seen a residential house with a portal one the gallery so I think it works on any lot.
    osiazul
    Seasoned Newcomer

Yes, you can use at any lots... they are awesome :) I wish we can have other styles also, nice feature.
  • As it says in the portal description, "Sims will choose to use them when it is the shortest distance to their destination."

You can't click on the portals. The sims will use them on their own.
  • I just got RoM a few days ago and am building an academy of magic. I saw the portals in the debug menu and tried several times but they don't work...they're not 'clickable' for the sim. I used portal entrance 1 and portal exit 1. Anyone know why they're not working? Does there need to be some other kind of cheat i need to use? Thanks :)