Forum Discussion

29 days ago

Reaper's Rewards Event (Week 4 Is Now Live!)

Reaper’s Rewards Event

Work with Grim to discover the secrets of Ambrosia, earn Event Points, and unlock bone-chilling rewards!

Get ready for a free, limited-time Event where you'll need to venture into Live Mode to participate.

The Grim Reaper is reaching out to you…but don’t be afraid to answer since it seems Grim wants your help. And the best part? You'll be rewarded for your efforts throughout the Event, with one being a brand new Lot Challenge, Scare Seeker, where Sims will get excited instead of scared while on the lot!

How Does it Work?

Open Live Mode with an existing or new Household. After a short wait, The Grim Reaper will call upon you!

The Event will run for eight weeks, with two exciting Quests each week. Your journey begins by assisting Grim with researching Ambrosia, a special Gourmet dish that can lift any Sim’s spirits. As the weeks progress, you’ll continue to unlock the secrets of Ambrosia and eventually learn how to cook it! The more Quests you complete, the more Event Points and rewards you’ll earn.

1. Make sure you’re online. Log in to your EA account.
  2. Enter Live Mode, and you’ll see the first pair of Quests, which start with a pop-up. In Live Mode, you can access the Event Screen by clicking on the Event Icon!
  3. Earn Event Points by completing Quests and Goals. As you earn Event Points, you’ll be able to claim new rewards.
  4. Claim your rewards through the Event Screen in the Main Menu or Live Mode by selecting Claim. Note: You must be in Live Mode to claim Consumable Rewards.
  5. Claimed rewards will be available in Build ModeCreate a Sim, or your Sim’s Inventory. You can filter to view Event rewards with the Event Rewards filter under the Special category in both Create a Sim and Build Mode. For more help with claiming rewards, check out our EA Help article. 
  6. Each week, two new Quests will be available. Complete these Quests to earn more Event Points and unlock new rewards!
  7. The Reaper’s Rewards Event will have six weeks of Quests and two extra weeks at the end, so there’s plenty of time to catch up and complete it!

Claim the Reaper’s Rewards to create a goth-chic Sim who revels in a good scare, or just enjoy a chance to get to know Grim a little better! Rest assured, your claimed rewards are stored on your EA account, so you do not need to worry about losing them.

Tutorial.

More here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/reapers-rewards-faq?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-reapersrewards-faq-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=81933&ts=1727196238072

EA_Cade has posted a thread on the upcoming Reaper's Rewards Event.

More info here: Reaper’s Rewards Event | EA Forums - 4967458

logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard

The event broke. 

I am at a loss for words.

fruitsbasket100
    Seasoned Adventurer

Noticed some got enough event points to get Batfish at the end but when I finished week 3 I was just shy of getting it. Is it possibly because I don't have the Realm of Magic pack? I didn't have the "Travel to Casters Alley"  objective so I guess I didn't get quite enough event points to receive the Batfish this time around.

atreya33
      Seasoned Ace

It's odd that some can collect more points solely from owning packs. Why not an alternative task for people without the pack, like visiting a library.

The good news is that the last 4 items to unlock are things like potions and plants which you can already get in the game. The last real unlock item, the coffin, doesn't require the maximum of points. 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

This is why these in game promotion challenges for a new EP should be optional in my opinion. 🙄😉

• So if the items are now linked to our EA account, does that mean we have to be logged in when playing our game to access the items?  What if we play our game offline?  Will the items still be in our game or not?

FreddyFox1234
      Seasoned Veteran

AncientMuse2  I play offline all the time but I still first have to log into the EA App, so as far as I can tell the game is always connected to my EA account. It still comes up with my name on the welcome screen. So unless I’m misunderstanding something I *think* that shouldn’t be a problem?

AncientMuse2
        Seasoned Rookie

FreddyFox1234

Ah, okay thanks.  That makes sense...

Hopefully it'll properly work that way because if I invest my valuable time and effort into these time-limited events, then I need to be reassured that my rewards are kept and saved in my game from that day forward.  I don't want to go into my game one day only to discover everything has forever disappeared into that dark and dismal place known as the 'Abyss of Grim-ly Smite'.

• Just how many times are we supposed to plant lilies and snapdragons? I've planted a bunch of them in an unmodded, new save and that task does not clear...everything else has cleared...

Simmingal
      Hero

worked fine for me but did you plant in planter and did you use ones that come in starter flowers pack?

also only the plants planted after the task shows up count for the task

Anmirla
    Seasoned Scout

Well, it looks like I'll be DLing the rewards when someone puts them up. I would have followed this through, but I can't get it to trigger. OR I didn't notice the upper left hand corner because I was expecting Grim to walk down the sidewalk or call my Sim and I started another save to try again thinking that something may have been corrupted in my save. I even repaired my game. I should've waited until I read everything and watched youtube.

I tried again last night after we got power back and the app needed to be updated, but nothing. 🤧

x_Rimfrost_x
      Seasoned Newcomer

Hello! I struggled to trigger the event myself, I think it's the accontDataDB.package that causes some kind of problem. I'm not tech savy enough to say for sure. (just wish I thought about it before removing the whole folder) 😅 

You could try to backup/remove your accontDataDB.package (found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4) put it somewhere safe (this is if you have the Happy at Home event rewards). When you start the game it will create a new file. If that doesn't work, remove "The Sims 4" folder (backed up) and then start the game to make it create a new folder. 

Oh and when in game make sure you have Online Social Features Access on (found in Game Options -> Others), I couldn't claim my rewards until I did. I then had to play switcheroo with the accontDataDB.package files... you know I think I spent more time troubleshooting and jumping through hoops than playing the event! 😂                              

Fingers crossed this works for you! If you're a consol player I hope they'll patch it soon.

Anmirla
        Seasoned Scout

Thank you! It triggered!

I usually skip these events, but I was looking forward to this one. Now I need to wait a few hours for the next unlock. ☠️❤️

• Unanounced update ! REALLY ? EA REALLY does not want me to play this game, that i paid for, a very high price ! Now what am i suppose to do... Im done, i didnt need a panic attack this morning. Im done with this game. Too stressfull

Le_Slacker
        Seasoned Ace

Well i didnt see that. We just had an update so it is unexpected, i dont spend alot of times here i am starting to hate it very much, precious hours of game play lost... and these white pages hurt my eyes so unless its a separate thread with a clear title about update i wont notice it. Plus when i play my game i can be playing offline for days. So UNEXPECTED to me !!!! im sorry... 

Brd709
    Seasoned Veteran

Reapers Rewards are still broken for me after the "fix" I travel from the home lot and the activity box ends up blank upon returning to the home lot. I was half way through the digging holes activity when this happened. When i entered CAS to change a sim, the digging holes activity had reset all its progress. 

36zmrvuue2h9
    Rising Newcomer

I went to the place you tell me to to get the angelfish for the quest but i fished there for two weeks and no catch. What gives people?

Anmirla
      Seasoned Scout

I caught mine behind the library in Willow Creek. I think I used a goldfish as bait.

Look closely at the jumping fish in the water in different spots and when you see a blue triangular fish, cast out!

coloncocon
      Seasoned Ace

From Anmirla's reply. I already got angelfish in 2 in-game hours. The guy who got Angelfish didn't use any bait. I am not sure if the skill level is related because his level is 10. However, Angelfish is uncommon, not rare. It might be possible to do that with the level that the quest decided to you.

For easier finding the location in Willow Creek's community lots, here is the spot I use. I got this information from Carl's guide. https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/fishing/

Karamazov123
    Seasoned Vanguard

The quests have gotten pretty lame, imo. It's mostly just "do this extremely easy thing" or "do this extremely easy thing while having a certain skill level." The Deathflower/Angelfish parts are decent, since you actually have to put some effort into finding them and have multiple ways of achieving the goal. (Like going on the Gallery and just grabbing them from there oop.) But the Sims 4 doesn't seem able to accommodate longterm missions, when all you can really do is basic stuff you've done a million times before, and probably were already doing. It's like StrangerVille, where half the missions were "talk to people," or "look at object," and only a few parts of the aspiration had some unique investigation and gameplay to them. 

I legit finished the quests in less than 10 IRL minutes. Probably closer to five. Glad they're not wasting my time, but I'd have at least liked to see something more inspired. At least the first week's missions felt like there was buildup and genuine investigation. 

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Veteran

Tbh it’s nice to me that the tasks aren’t taxing or super time consuming. I wouldn’t mind if there were more tasks but I know that a lot of people have a lot going on, and tbh I have a lot going on at the moment as well, unusually so. So at least even those who are very busy (not thinking of myself but of those who work, have kids, take care of parents etc) can finish the tasks and not stress over them. 

Fengjui
    New Adventurer

I'm still working on getting week 2 stuff and week 3.