Forum Discussion

10 months ago

rental shared lot traits.

Does anybody know how to set lot traits in the shared space?
Ive figured out how to set the lots individually but there is no option for shared spaces. It seemed to default to lot 1. So I tried changing back to residential, setting lot traits and then swapping back to rental and changing lot traits to what I wanted for the rental spaces.
Unfortunately instead it defaulted back to the original lot 1 traits before I changed them!
Am I missing something here?
  • You're not missing anything. I think it defaults to whatever lot you are actively playing or apartment 1 if you aren't playing any of them.
  • well....nuts! That is annoying. Im currently playing a rundown city block apartment and whilst it makes perfect sense to have urban foxes and stray cats running around the area it makes no sense for it to happen in an apartment!
    Why didnt they just give the shared spaces lot traits too? It cant have been that difficult!
    amapola76
    Rising Vanguard
    "dogzdinner;c-18335295" wrote:
    well....nuts! That is annoying. Im currently playing a rundown city block apartment and whilst it makes perfect sense to have urban foxes and stray cats running around the area it makes no sense for it to happen in an apartment!
    Why didnt they just give the shared spaces lot traits too? It cant have been that difficult!

I'm genuinely curious now where you live that urban foxes are common. No snark: I don't doubt you, I just have lived in a lot of cities and have never once heard of "urban foxes" being a thing, so I'm intrigued. :D
    SheriSim
    Rising Vanguard
    "Amapola76;c-18335371" wrote:
    "dogzdinner;c-18335295" wrote:
    well....nuts! That is annoying. Im currently playing a rundown city block apartment and whilst it makes perfect sense to have urban foxes and stray cats running around the area it makes no sense for it to happen in an apartment!

I'm genuinely curious now where you live that urban foxes are common. No snark: I don't doubt you, I just have lived in a lot of cities and have never once heard of "urban foxes" being a thing, so I'm intrigued. :D

I live in a fairly good sized city….. I mean not New York or Los Angeles, but it is a city with a large population. We do have lots here and there that have been bulldozed and are emoty right downtown, and yes, I have spotted foxes here ( in California ), downtown when it gets late, or real early in the morning while businesses are closed.
  • Im in the UK and urban foxes are very common here (I almost tripped over one on my way to work the other week!LOL).
  • Did not read the entire thread, but if you want fox in the hood but not on your lot, you can use the fox challenge on a different lot and you will still see it walk by. I often do this, because I grew tired of wasting all my time protecting the chicken coop.
    amapola76
    Rising Vanguard
    "dogzdinner;c-18335377" wrote:
    Im in the UK and urban foxes are very common here (I almost tripped over one on my way to work the other week!LOL).

Well, now I am both jealous and a little aggrieved that I never saw an urban fox while I was studying in London, years ago. It would have made me so happy.

All we have in my current city are stupid urban coyotes.
  • "dogzdinner;c-18335295" wrote:

Have you tested it? Will the foxes actually come to the apartment or rather stay outside?