Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Resurrect a Sim

Hi, I had a sim who just died of overheating inside his house! There is no urn for him or anything. He was at the kitchen sink and then just suddenly dies. How can I get him back?
  • Try to reload an earlier save file. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/
  • One other question though, is it common for sims to get heat exhaustion inside their house?? I've not been playing w/seasons all that long yet.
  • I did look under everything and also below the foundation. There just is no tombstone at all. Also no ghost. Where do I find the thermostat for the house? I've looked everywhere, but cannot find it. I looked in "outdoor activities" (suggested by somebody), but it is not there. I'm not sure why it would be in that category though.
  • Ambrosia. Ambrosia is extremely difficult to make, you have to be level 10 in the cooking and gourmet cooking skills. It requires ingredients that are hard to get. I don't remember entirely what the ingredients are, but the ingredients are: Angel Fish, Flower of Death, and Potion of Youth. You can do all this work, or you can simply get it off the gallery. Just search "Ambrosia" and you will find the ambrosia or just the ingredients.
  • "Sonshine77;c-18178792" wrote:
    One other question though, is it common for sims to get heat exhaustion inside their house?? I've not been playing w/seasons all that long yet.

Do you have university? If so, go into build/buy mode and under Electronics, purchase a thermostat. Place it on a wall inside of your Sims' house. I made certain to place one at the high school, too, after others said their students were freezing or too hot.
  • Glad you resolved it! I’m late to the party here but another solution would have been to use cheats to force the ghost to appear:

sims.summon_sim_to_zone simID
    The way to get the simID is
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#SimID

Thought I’d share just in case anyone else is reading with the same problem.
  • "Sonshine77;c-18181351" wrote:
    Unfortunately, I looked in the Gallery, but nothing. No Ambrosia and anything else that would help. I'm working on getting his fishing lev to 8 (I think) to be able to catch the Angelfish.

I've gotten angelfish around level 2 or 3.
  • "bshag4lv;c-18181413" wrote:
    Edit to say to Sonshine, love your avatar! :D

Thanks!