Forum Discussion

YorksRob
Seasoned Scout
2 years ago

Riding course

Can you make a riding course round a lot or is it just the few jumps you can place that dont even connect and the 2 different barrel loops . I wanted to use the 64 x 64 lot and turn it into a riding school
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    They don't connect. You can place multiple jumps or barrels on your lot but the sims will only use one item with their horse until you cancel that and direct them to another.

Edit: I think the park lot is already meant to be a riding school.
  • "elanorbreton;c-18297317" wrote:
    They don't connect. You can place multiple jumps or barrels on your lot but the sims will only use one item with their horse until you cancel that and direct them to another.

Edit: I think the park lot is already meant to be a riding school.

You beat me to it. I tried it out, too, and it was a bust. The horse just kept going back to the very first jump so I removed the others by selling them back to Build/Buy. So disappointed. It would have made for more fun in the training, you know?
    YorksRob
    Seasoned Scout
    Another shortcut by EA would have made sense to be able to make a track for them to ride the horses round
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I wish they had made interlocking course sections so we could have built our own longer ones in addition to the simple ones that we have. Kind of a bummer, especially with the equestrian center just being a Sims 3 style rabbit hole. Not happy about that either, since Sims 4 had brought back playable venues (as it should be) and rabbit holes just aren't gameplay.

Seems like EA is really skimping the budget and staff these days. They should take a page from Baldur's Gate.
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    I've seen some other riders, but they're mostly in the southern residential region. But I was playing in the town area today, (I converted the "park" lot into a residential ranch so I could have a rancher with many horses for my Sims to visit and ride) and saw some riders passing by the edge of town but not in the town proper, which remains a ghost town, and not the fun kind. And a couple of riderless horses from other households appeared on the outskirts near the general store, but didn't do anything, just kind of hung out over there on the road away from town.

I've also seen a rider or two in the far upper region neighborhood, but mostly just people walking...and ghosts too. Many ghosts on foot. Too bad, it would've been awesome to see ghost riders.
    SheriSim
    Seasoned Adventurer
    "julienrob2004;c-18304256" wrote:
    Another shortcut by EA would have made sense to be able to make a track for them to ride the horses round

Yeah, a race track would have really been nice.
  • I think residential lots have become more available to be used to visitors. In my save I changed the New Appaloosa park training lot into a residential lot, and other sims can still visit and use anything on the lot without even knocking on that door. So, my sims living elsewhere can still visit to use the training equipment (and even borrow horses living there) without even greeting the sim residing the lot. I love this, it allows for me to use parts of residential lots for various community services.
    PS: I think borrowing a horse will only train your riding sim's horse riding skill, and will not build the horse's skills. And it seems your sim can only enter contests with a same household horse. Bringing own horse to train on a residential lot will build skills for both rider and horse, though.
    YorksRob
    Seasoned Scout
    Just wondered as well if anyone has had other riders and horses appearing on communtiry lots that have the jumps
    leucosiax
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "julienrob2004;c-18297519" wrote:
    Just wondered as well if anyone has had other riders and horses appearing on communtiry lots that have the jumps

@julienrob2004 I have yet to see anyone else in town or about with a horse, aside from the park in front of the equestrian center. Not sure if its just me or the way it supposed to be.