Forum Discussion

iliekponiez
New Novice
2 years ago

[ROM] Why didn't we get wizard hats?

Wizard hats are my absolute favorite and we didn't get any in realm of magic. Does anyone remember the reason why?

I'd buy a whole kit of wizard fashion if it meant hats. :'(
  • "Oldeseadogge;c-18256768" wrote:
    Since when is a conical dunce cap a wizard hat? Anything genuinely medieval/renaissance should do the job.

Since a heckin' long time? I know my love of them started with Final Fantasy. The bigger the brim, the better. It's fine they're not for everyone but it wouldn't hurt having them for the folks who like them. Maybe it's time I look into CC.

A medieval/renaissance pack would honestly be a dream come true though.
  • I have been asking this since the release of RoM I feel like they tried to avoid sticking to one type of spellcaster = " this is not just a witch its a spellcaster"

but also I really think they should have added at least couple witch hats in because I am tired of pretending sunhats are witch hats

tbh occult wear in general seems to lack the head accessories

1. aliens don't really have anything for their heads not even head tentacles

2. plantsims don't have planthairs or plant hats just green human hair

3. werewolves can't have wolf ears in human form (well maybe cats and dogs hair but its more so cat look)

4. no headpieces for mermaids either with shells or pearls fantasy ears or other sea stuff just colorful hair

5. no Vicki Vampiress outfit or headpieces for vampires or anything with that very essential vampire collar

+ no hoods that allow you to also see sims hair under it seems to have hoods you must be bald

i wish they would add as sdx/update or kit/stuff pack since theres so many occult cas things i wish we had

and also if so i would love to have them for infants, toddlers and kids too
    LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran
    Totally agree, wish we could have had some variety of "traditional" witch/wizard/voodoo/shamanic etc outfits.

I do use the costume hats in the Spooky Stuff pack for my witches, and, while not ideal, they're not bad. But some more fantasy/occult headwear would be so very welcome.
    thornwill
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I miss them too @iliekponiez . I don't really like the childish way the Spooky Party's one looks so i hope we get realistic one someday, maybe in a "witchcraft" base game update. I have some ideas for one:
    • Brewster's hat
    • Witch fingers (Gradient black ink in hands)
    • Crystal necklace: Gives protection moodlet
    • Natural Magic Skill
    • Altar table: Create spell jars (use them as pendants?)
    • Bathtube: Take herbs bath
    • Small cauldron: Create aspiration reward potions
    • Crystals: Recharge with sun/moonlight, activate aura and cleanse crystal's energy
    • Cleanse room energy with spray/incense
    • Create sun/moon water
  • "happyopi;c-18257235" wrote:
    I'm so jealous of Patchy's hat.

Befriend him and he’ll give you one too! =D

• I don't try think there was ever any official acknowledgement from the team.

ETA: Here's an interesting old poll on witch hats.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/967545/were-you-upset-by-the-lack-of-a-witch-hat-in-realm-of-magic/p2
  • Since when is a conical dunce cap a wizard hat? Anything genuinely medieval/renaissance should do the job.
  • "iliekponiez;c-18256787" wrote:
    "Oldeseadogge;c-18256768" wrote:
    Since when is a conical dunce cap a wizard hat? Anything genuinely medieval/renaissance should do the job.

Since a heckin' long time? I know my love of them started with Final Fantasy. The bigger the brim, the better. It's fine they're not for everyone but it wouldn't hurt having them for the folks who like them. Maybe it's time I look into CC.

A medieval/renaissance pack would honestly be a dream come true though.

There are some good CC 'witch' hats out there and we got one in Spooky Stuff. That is such a stereotype it's better EA left them out.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 35 minutes ago